Friday, September 5, 2014

Back to School 2014

Every year parents all over the United States look forward to September. It means "Back to School". This year I looked forward to it a little less than I usually do. It was a long summer break for us. School ended on April 29 and did not reconvene until September 3. Our school district passed a huge bond issue and there has been a plethora of construction going on. This was the reason for a shortened school year and a long summer break. There is still construction going on at most of the schools in our district but it is now minor stuff, so we are back to normal I hope. This was also the last summer of Papa's life and I was happy and thankful to have the kids home with me to help with his care and be with me through the grief. But, alas, all good things end....and new things begin.

Harley's first day was September 3, then they both went on September 4. And the light wasn't the best at 6:30 for taking pictures.

10 comments:

  1. Good looking kids! I hope you will enjoy the time you have now during the school day.

    Your menu planning inspired me. I didn't cook everything I had planned, but I did better than I do on an unplanned week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do very good on my actual plan this week either. I just changed it up some. And we ate out once

      Delete
  2. Wishing them a successful and fun school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kwiz. They are really good kids so I know they will be successful and have fun

      Delete
  3. Hi Paula - great looking kids - and it was lovely that they were able to be with you during the summer ... hope they have fun and you'll enjoy watching them develop and grow their interests ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad they are with me too. It would be way too quiet here otherwise

      Delete
  4. Early morning hour to get to school! They still look smiling and happy to be up at that time! Beautiful and handsome!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. He gets up early all the time. She isn't a morning person at all....takes after her granny

      Delete
  5. I agree ... great-looking grands you've got there! Best wishes for a successful school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. These are two of the nine that we have. But the only two who live with me. Thank God!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!