Monday, August 18, 2014

What I've Been Reading

From the publisher:
Chris Astor is a man in his early forties who is going through the toughest stretch of his life. Becky is Chris's fourteen-year-old daughter, a girl who overcame enormous challenges to become a vibrant, vital young woman - and now faces her greatest obstacle yet. Miea is the young queen of a fantasy land that Becky and Chris created when Becky was little, a fantasy land that has developed a life of its own and now finds itself in terrible, maybe fatal trouble. Together, Chris, Becky, and Miea need to uncover a secret. The secret to why their worlds have joined at this moment. The secret to their purpose. The secret to the future. It is a secret that, when discovered, will redefine imagination for all of them. Blue is a novel of trial and hope, invention and rediscovery. It might very well take you someplace you never knew existed.

My Review:

This isn't my normal type of book to read. But it was a Friday Freebie on my Nook. And I was looking for something light to read after Richard's death. 

Well, it not light.

But it is totally a likeable book. One I would give 4 1/2 stars to. (out of 5). It made me cry. But what doesn't make me cry nowadays. I liked the two main characters Chris and Becky! I did NOT like Chris's ex-wife. It was a quick read. Although, I am not into 'fantasy' at all this was nice.

I am suggesting this book for both of my grandkids. They will like it! 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting review, Paula! I think if it was free, I might check it out too. Have you heard of BookBub? https://www.bookbub.com/home/

    I don't know how I got the info about it, but I signed up (for free) and get a daily email about book bargains avaliable. Lots of free ones.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check into it Betty Blue was a freebie when I got it

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!