Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Moving on to familiar things! Putting one step in front of the other. I have always loved Sunday Stealing and this week it is a meme that I have always called the Simple Woman's Daybook. And since I used to do these at the beginning of every month, what a perfect way to start August. Thanks Kwizgiver!

1. Outside my window....today it is cloudy. They are saying we might getting a little rain. It's only 71* right now. A beautiful day!

2. I am thankful for....my family and all my friends (that means you too, blogging buddies) who have been with me these past three years as I was a caregiver. And you are still here with me as I grieve my loss. 

3. In the kitchen....there hasn't been much going on in my kitchen. I need to get back to it and cook again. I know the family will appreciate it.

4. I am wearing....my uniform, black yoga shorts and a bright turquoise shirt.

5. I am creating....memories. Right here on my blog, for my family and friends.

6. I am going....to put on foot in front of the other until I get to the end.

7. I am reading....NOTHING! I have to get back to that.

8. I am learning....that I was wrong when I thought I had gone through all the grief as I watched Richard slowly die. I was, oh so wrong.

9. I am pondering....what the future holds for me.


10. A favorite quote....

11.One of my favorite things....is summer. This summer will be one that I will always remember. And next summer, I plan to spend in the sun!

12. A few plans for the rest of the week....Darian and Harley have debate practices on Monday and Wednesday and I hope to start painting in his room.

13. A peek into my day....I am continuing to share my pictures of Richard. Here is when we took 3 of the grand-kids to the Royal Gorge. That is Harley, holding Papa's hand, so that he wouldn't be afraid walking across the bridge. :)
Please go to Sunday Stealing and join the list of those who are sharing their 13 things today.

20 comments:

  1. I'm mighty envious of your 71-degree day, Paula! Our 10-day forecast keeps wobbling between 104-109. :( Your number #11 certainly has me intrigued -- are vacation plans beginning to take shape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing planned yet Myra. But we might take off and go somewhere near the ocean!

      Delete
  2. I've been to the Royal Gorge Bridge; I think my then 7 year old held my and so I wouldn't be afraid to walk across it (but in reality I was afraid to but being brave for the kids :)

    That's a nice picture of Richard and Harley :)

    I read a really good book a few weeks ago called The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate, it was a good theme; might be something down the road when you get back to reading.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks betty. I will put it on my TBR list

      Delete
  3. It's a perfect day here--high 70s, no humidity, light breeze, plenty of sunshine. Summer in Maine is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine does sound glorious. I might have to come visit you one day

      Delete
  4. Just put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking on your way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your pictures of Richard--I like seeing vignettes of your life before he was sick. I hope, next summer, you find a lovely beach to relax on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking for one Lisa! That much I know for sure

      Delete
  6. Another good picture! I hope next summer finds you working in the garden surrounded by flowers! The deer or a bunny munched on all the Hosta I planted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our hostas are almost always eaten by slugs. We have fought that battle for years. I hope to have a garden and flowers next year too. There is nothing like working in the dirt for therapy

      Delete
  7. Hi Paula - sounds like life is moving on - with its downs and then ups ... as we expect ... lovely to see the photo of Richard and Darian ... good luck with each day as it comes along ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary....you are right, life just keeps moving on, even if I don't like it

      Delete
  8. good for you! I am doing to have to do this next Sunday - what a fun list! Apparently, we work for the same 'firm' as our uniforms are the same!!! Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lisa.....you always make me smile

      Delete
  9. Paula, I have not been on here for months, I am so sorry to hear about Richard's passing. I know that doesn't help. I wish I could give you a big hug right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you Elena. And I will take a big virtual hug. Thank you

      Delete
  10. One foot in front of the other. That is, indeed, the best way through what is one of the hardest walks there is for a human being.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!