Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Baby Steps

It is Tuesday. The days march forward even though I feel like the world should have stopped turning. I feel like the sun should not be shining. I feel like I shouldn't be blogging. I cannot understand how I am going to keep going. But that is what I have to do. And I am going to participate in List It Tuesday because I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and move forward.


Ten Things I Need to Do Today

  1. Pick the kids up from their debate camp at the library at 2 p.m.
  2. Take them both to the doctor's office for their back to school physicals.
  3. Put gas in my car.
  4. Cry!
  5. Wash the car
  6. Pick up the living room. It always surprises me how cluttered things can get in one day.
  7. Read the newspaper. Just days left to the paper that I canceled the subscription to a few days ago. I'll have to tell you why sometime.
  8. Start thinking about the piles of thank you cards we need to write. I'll enlist the help of the teens
  9. Fix dinner...we were brought a pan of lasagna last night by my dear 'adopted' granddaughter so this will be easy.
  10. And as my friend,Wendy, is always telling me.......BREATHE!
Linking up with List it Tuesday, although they might think this is a nutty list. This is called baby-steps, ladies. Baby steps


20 comments:

  1. Its good to make the list, Paula, and if you don't get through it on a daily basis, that's okay too! I am glad people are "loving on you" and bringing food in to help during this time.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you and have just caught up on your journey. You went through it (still are) and your words are so expressive. Thank you for sharing what you could. Keep writing. It will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps. Because right now I feel as if the light has gone out in my life

      Delete
  3. It is a great list...I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, lists are good. I need them even in ordinary times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to say that today I did everything on the list but wash the car. There is always tomorrow

      Delete
  5. Lists are good, and putting the little things on there can be comforting when they are accomplished. Intrigued by #7.

    Continuing to think of you and praying for peace and calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for continuing to pray for us. I will tell the story of why I quit taking the newspaper soon

      Delete
  6. Even in times of crisis I've been a list-maker .... for some reason - no matter how mundane - it brings me comfort to have a Plan. So glad to hear of all those who rallied by your side last week! You are loved so much, by so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I need right now...mundane

      Delete
  7. Paula I believe there are no shoulds and shouldn't s with bith grief and life. Blog blog blog if that's what you need to do. Edenland also blogs while grieving. I just want you to know you are not totally alone .... much love to you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a total list maker. Joe and I are desperately trying to become more healthy, and baby steps is a phrase I keep using over and over. I want to rush out there and start this big, gnarly diet, but I have to yank myself back to reality, because that never worked. Thanks for posting this today. "Baby Steps" is my new phrase of the day.
    Much love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told that phase more than once in the past couple of weeks!

      Delete
  9. Lists are good. Keeps you focused on the things that need doing even though your brain wants to drift off to bounce around in memories and crying. And crying is just fine on the to do list because it must be done too.

    Ands if no one has said this, thank you for allowing us to follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am happy to have you on my journey

      Delete
  10. Along with you on this next step in end of caregiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above, I am glad you are with me...

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!