Sunday, July 20, 2014

Life Continues


Since I know that you, my friends, are wondering how things are going here I thought I would drop in for a short up-date. Not much has changed. Richard has pretty much stayed "out" all day. He has opened his eyes twice, maybe. No talking. No trying to communicate with us at all. Taking fluids only in drops with a syringe and his anxiety meds crushed in a smidgen of applesauce. If he is awake, he is coughing!! And that increases all of our anxiety. So we are giving breathing treatments, cough syrup, and anxiety medications, along with the Atropine drops to dry up all the mucous. Time is marching on as his time with us is dwindling. Not much more to say....thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers 

26 comments:

  1. Dear Paula - thanks for remembering us too - in these really difficult times for you all ... my thoughts as you will be there with him when the time comes ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula. How kind of you to think of us when you are going through this experience. Stay strong my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Richard is at peace in himself, I hope that isn't presumptuous. Love and prayers across the waters for you, Richard and the family. Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update - you are such a strong, wonderful woman. Praying for you and Richard - sending strength and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I'm right in thinking Richard's not in any pain? Sending extra hugs for Harley and Darian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pain at all Myra. Thanks for the hugs for Darian and Harley

      Delete
  6. Thanks Paula for the update. Will continue to pray.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you betty...prayers appreciated

      Delete
  7. Still praying and thinking of you and the family. Love you. I'm sending a great big hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about you. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking of you often and praying for your comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you, your family and Richard. Thank you for letting us know how things are. I know you are very sad but I hope that you are also at peace, knowing that you've done everything you could possibly do for him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish that i was closer so I could be of some practical assistance to you.
    You and yours are in my heart and prayers.
    Stay busy and sleep when you can. Talk to the angels, they are everywhere around you now, waiting to be called in for extra support and love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talk to the angels all the time Lisa. And now there is a really special one up there waiting for me!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!