Wednesday, June 4, 2014

You can Touch Me Here and Here.....

Yipee! I am going to be back to blogging with my dear friend Lisa at My Sweet Peanut on Wednesdays. She posts the prompt and we write our responses and then link up with her. It is called One Word Wednesday and you can read all about it here. Today's prompt is:

Touch

I am a toucher. For the most part! I touch people's hands and their shoulders and their upper backs. It is my way of conveying that "I care." I like to hug and I like to be hugged. For the most part. 

But I also like my personal space. So once you hug me, then I need for you to take a step back. I don't like people to be 'up in my face', that is just the way that I am.

When I am with my husband, I touch him. He likes me to hold his hand. He likes to lay his hand on my arm or my leg. He likes to know that I am next to him. And that is okay!!

If you ever visit me and are standing too close and I take a step away, I hope that you are not offended. I just like my space! But please, do offer me a hug!


12 comments:

  1. I am the same Paula, I don't mind hugs and I give them often but I do like my space also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds contradictory doesn't it? But I understand

      Delete
  2. That's exactly it! I love the hug and then I need you to back off a little. If people stay too close - I can't think of anything but moving back. I can't carry on a conversation or hear a word they are saying until they give me back my space! So glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your One Word Wednesday's Lisa....

      Delete
  3. I'm funny. I don't really like hugs. We didn't grow up being hugged. My parents loved us, be they didn't hug us. I think this is why I am a little uncomfortable with it. But, there are times that I am ok with hugging. I am always okay with hugging my husband and my daughter, and do that often. I'm just weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not weird at all. Lots of people don't like hugging. I don't like it when a complete stranger wants to hug me. I get that a lot from people who know about my husband...

      Delete
  4. I go to a church where everyone hugs everyone, stranger or friend. At first it was a bit uncomfortable, but then I got used to it :)

    I'm with you on personal space. I notice sometimes shopping at the store and waiting to check out, some people need a lot more personal space than I do gauging at where people stand in line waiting.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably one of those people that need more space in the check-out line!

      Delete
  5. Love thus idea. Look forward to more of what you write on a Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think every nurse I know likes their personal space. I always think of Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing saying to "Baby"....."this is YOUR dance space, and this is MINE". Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly the way I feel...good to hear from you my dear friend!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!