Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday Nine

Click to play along




1) This song is about a young man who takes advantage of his "big chance at a high school dance." Share a memory from your high school years. There were no 'big chances' taken by me at high school. I wasn't at all interested in anything but boys. Found one. Married him right after and did NOT live happily ever after. Sure wish I could do that over.

2) Lead singer Steven Tyler is the son of a working mother (mom Susan was a secretary). Did your mother work outside the home? Yes, my mom cleaned houses for other people and took in ironing. She'd go broke now days since hardly anyone ever irons their clothes.

3) Onstage, Tyler takes colorful scarves from around his neck and drapes them over the microphone. Do you accessorize your outfits with scarves and belts? Or do you prefer to keep things simple? No, it would look crazy to accessorize yoga pants and tee shirts. That is all I ever wear. (However my yoga pants have yet to do any yoga)!

4) Tyler confessed to having a massive crush on Jennifer Lopez, his fellow judge on American Idol. Do you think a coworker has ever had a crush on you? Not that I have been aware of.

5) Aerosmith lead guitarist Joe Perry says seeing The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 inspired him to go into music. How did you end up in your chosen profession?Money! I needed a way to make good money as I had just became the single mom to two little boys. And it only took 3 years of schooling!

6) Perry's hobby, breeding horses, is very lucrative. What are your hobbies? I really don't have any right now. I used to collect dolls and they are all over the place but I don't buy them anymore. I like to garden but I don't get much opportunity to do that. I do like reading. 

7) Aerosmith performed before their biggest-ever TV audience when they played the Super Bowl halftime show in 2001. Are you a football fan? If so, do you prefer college football or the NFL? What teams do you root for? Not a football ban at all. But we watch a lot of college football at this house. My husband is a Kansas State fan and my son is a Kansas University fan...so we root for Kansas.

8) Now that we're into summer, the days are longer. When is the last time you watched the sun set?Nearly everyday. I have a huge bay window in front of the house and we see the sunset almost every single day.

9) What time did you go to sleep last night?
Around 1 a.m. Was reading and watching TV

15 comments:

  1. I must make an effort to *watch* the sunset. I'm always inspired by the various blues of the sky, but I seldom stop to pay attention to the sunset. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color changes especially the pinks!!

      Delete
  2. My chosen 'profession' was also chosen for me....I needed money and a job. I ended up doing pretty well by the time I retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pretty well too! Being a nurse in this day and age is pretty lucrative!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to add "watch sunsets" to my summer fun list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adding it to mine too - what a wonderful thing to have on a 'to-do' list!

      Delete
    2. If you guys were here right now we could sit in my reading room and watch it go down together!!

      Delete
  4. My great aunt collected dolls. She had a marvelous collection at one time; I loved to go sit amongst them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pretty nice collection. It is just not the things anymore. I would love to sell them but people just aren't interested in paying what they are really worth.

      Delete
  5. How neat you have a great view of the sunsets, Paula :) I enjoyed reading your answers. My mom used to clean house too and would do ironing for one family. I remember her having their ironing in our refridgerator because she would spray it first and roll it up and I guess let it get cold until she was ready to iron them.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my mom doing hers that way. She even had a clothes sprinkler from Tupperware. Funny what women used to do isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Yep....I'm an addict for those yoga pants as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never iron anymore, because when I have tried, I always, always burn my arms. It's kind of ridiculous how inept I am at it. If it was still necessary, I'd hire your mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!