Monday, June 2, 2014

Ice Cold Please

– Monday, ugh! What’s keeping you going today?


Yes, it is Monday. Day 2 of the #30SummerDays

Photo Challenge at Carrots 'n' Cake blog. My day started early with getting Harley off to Basketball practice before 8 this morning. I took the chance and left Richard sleeping while I drove her the 15 minutes to her high school (it's in a small town about 12 miles from here). He was still asleep when I got back so I laid back down. And then I talked him into staying in bed while I drove back to get her at 10:30. She was late getting out. The coach and I will have a talk. I drove fast to get back home and my brother was here with Richard. Tomorrow morning I will try something different.....

It is already hot and the humidity is high because we had quite a rain storm last night. So this is what is keeping me going today:


12 comments:

  1. It is stormy, hot and humid here today too.....stay cool Paula!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's humid and cloudy one minute, then hell hot and sunny the next. Great minds think alike - I posted a Coke Zero! And now, I'm in the middle of a Sodapalooza Diet Dr. Pepper. YIKES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No diet for me....I want all the sugar I can get!

      Delete
  3. It’s got to be stressful for you to have to leave your husband alone, even for a little while.
    We have had about four days in a row of beautiful weather. Low humidity and temps in the high 70’s. I hope it lasts a few more days because our air conditioner is on the fritz. They won’t be coming until Thursday to fix it.
    I gave Pepsi up a few years ago. Boy does that one look good, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes no A/C in the house....mine in my car is broken but thank goodness the one in the house works

      Delete
  4. A Pepsi is a great thing to make one feel a bit cooled down. Anybody that Harley can car pool with to help the running back and forth and ease your mind if you have to leave hubby alone?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank goodness. One of her friends moms volunteered to get Harley to and from BB practice. I am so thankful!

      Delete
  5. I swore off carbonated beverages a few years back ... but your Pepsi does look good. Heck, I'd probably just rub the can across the back of my neck and the insides of my wrists.
    Say, I'm intrigued by that photo of you and Richard. Sweet tableau! Have we seen that before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to go look through my old photos and see if I can find that picture to post. It just sits there next to my computer reminding me of a time before all of this started....

      Delete
  6. It is nice that you were able to lie back down! I made breakfast for my husband while he was showering for work, then I lay back down too. I have the most dreams during those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of the craziest dreams...I take Melatonin and they say that is a side effect. But I have had wild dreams all my life.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!