Friday, June 6, 2014

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock

It has been a long time since I wrote anything about a book that I have read. This book was recommended by a fellow blogger, Kwizgiver at What If This Is As Good as It Gets? Several of my blogging friends are big on reading. And I read as much as I can. But not nearly as much as I used to. I do all of my reading on my Nook Color (the best present I have ever been given). I usually read 'free' books but occasionally I will have my interest piqued by another blogger and I just have to get the book and read it. It was that way with Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Now there was an interesting read. 
But about Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock...The story takes place on Leonard's birthday and he is planning to kill another kid at school and then kill himself. But first he has to tell a few very special people good-bye. It is a story that is still haunting me even though I finished it a week or so ago. I think it should be read by all high school kids. I fell in L.O.V.E. with Leonard and wanted to become his mother and tell him that none of that stuff mattered and smother him with kisses and chocolate birthday cake.

The author did have an odd style of writing. He used lots of footnotes so I was always having to go forwards and backwards. But they do kind of fit the character of Leonard Peacock. 

You must read it!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, Paula, especially if it is still haunting a week or so later after you read it. I'm coming to like reading books on son's tablet and found a place to download free books; almost like going to the library without having to leave the house!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula .. sounds a fascinating book - quirky .. and am glad you were able to read it and enjoy it ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! It was quirky for sure

      Delete
  3. My library is empty after I finish reading this current book so I will be downloading some more and I think I will include this unless it is a lend me book and then you could lend it to me and I could lend one to you since we are both on nooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was an lend me but it is not....I think you will enjoy it

      Delete
  4. I don't know why but I haven't read a book in a long time. I used to always have a book that I was reading and would start another when I finished one. I usually read when I go to bed, now I just get the iPad and read the news plus some other junk. I need to find a really good book to get back into reading. This one might not be for me though, at least not right now, sounds a little dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is dark....I do all my reading at bedtime too!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!