Thursday, June 5, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Hands

Click here to go to Five Minute Friday
It has been awhile since I have done a Five Minute Friday but here I am needing to put some thoughts on paper. Thoughts about what, I am not sure. But I am forever needing to get these things out of my mind and onto paper. So I am going over to Lisa-Jo Baker's (she hosts a link up every Friday. We write for five minutes. We don't over-think it. We don't edit. We just write. Then we link up and visit the others who join in for 5 Minutes). If you will wait right here for me I will go  find out what she would like for me to write about....

This week we are writing about hands

Go

I love hands. You can tell a persons age by looking at their hands. They can hide a lot with make-up on their faces. But you usually can't hide your age on your hands. My hands look just like my mom's hands looked as she grew older. I look at my hands and I remember my mom. I have crazy, crooked  fingers with short thin nails. And age spots. Lots of age spots. Shows that I worked in the sun and never used a lick of sun-screen on the backs of my hands. Wish I could go back and change that but alas I cannot.



I love my husband's hands. Lately his fingers have been 'fat' with fluid. We have had to take off his wedding ring so that we don't have to cut it off later. He doesn't like having his ring off. But I like his hands even with his fat fingers. He has nice nails and soft skin. He likes to hold my hand. We do that often. My granddaughter also likes to hold his hand. 

The chubby little hands of a baby are the best though. With all the little wrinkles and folds. And the way they wrap their whole hand around your finger, in such a trusting way. I miss the babies and their sweet little hands. We communicate so much with our hands, don't we?

Stop

14 comments:

  1. Great post. You are so right - we can tell so much about a person by their hands. Glad you were able to get back to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done Paula! I look at my hands and I see my mom's hands too. We truly do communicate a lot with our hands; I tend to talk a lot with them, LOL :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I use mine all that much to talk. I will have to pay attention!

      Delete
  3. I can't complete a sentence without my hands! LOL - I don't know whose hands I see when I look at mine - but I love my hands best when one is holding my husbands! Our hands do tell a story - thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. Good job on this. I enjoyed it. Recently my daughter completed a session of volunteering at Horses for Hope with an autistic child. He didn't want to hold her hand, but liked holding on her arm, just above the wrist. I got a picture of that and it is precious. I hope to post about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Paula....we really do communicate a lot with our hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your description of Richard's hands, Paula. ... honest, I did a little "awwww" at the mentioned of he and Harley holding hands. Now, that's the Good Stuff.

    My own fingers probably tell a sorry tale. I never outgrew chewing on my cuticles; they're wide and stubby like my dad's. Mom's? I actually did a post a few years ago about her hands. Here's that link if you'd like to read it sometime: http://mevely317.blogspot.com/search?q=Momma%27s+hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would like to read it...yep he is a hand-holder

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet post. Have I mentioned lately how much I love to read about you and Richard? And you're right about baby hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Lisa. Richard and I are just ordinary people on a journey for life!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!