Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Summer Vacation of long Ago

I had to do a bit of research before I could do today's post for the photo challenge. I had no idea what 'TBT' meant. I looked it up on Google and then I went to the real authority on the subject. My 14 year old granddaughter. It means Throw Back Thursday and you are supposed to post an old photo. Today's prompt is:

#TBT Share a photo from a past summer trip!

In August, 2007, Richard and I took 3 of our grandchildren on a week long trip to Colorado. We have been many, many times to these same places that we took them. And Paige had been before. But this was the first trip for Darian and Harley. Their ages at this time were: Darian, 9 and Paige and Harley were 7. It was quite a trip. Darian would sit and stare at the mountains and say "wow I am in the Rocky Mountains." We stayed in the Lake Isabel area in a tiny little cabin and ate all our meals out. They fished at the lake and we rode the paddle boats. Lots of hiking. This is the same place where Richard and I were married at the lake. We took them to visit Bishop's Castle and the Royal Gorge. I am glad we did this while Papa was still able to get around. They will not forget this vacation. And neither will we.





I wonder what they are looking at?

Sitting in the 'big' chair

Stuck in a hole in the wall

In the Rocky Mountains
I am linking up on Instagram. This is part of Tina's #30summerdays photo challenge found over at her blog, Carrots 'N' Cake.

12 comments:

  1. Look how small and adorable they were .....Thank God for good memories. Thanks for sharing Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were small. I don't know about the adorable part :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great trip. Funny to see them so young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip. It is amazing what 7 years will do to a child. Harley said this morning when she was looking at these pictures "I never knew that Papa was so fat"....out of the mouths of babes!

      Delete
  3. Two of my grandkids are around the age that your’s were seven years ago. We talk about taking them on a trip, but, I’m not sure about it. I wonder if they would get homesick and miss their parents.
    Judging from the photos it looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our grandkids didn't get homesick at all. But then they were already spending a lot of time with us at our house!

      Delete
  4. What great photos! I love Colorado--I used to live in Boulder. My first trip there in 1988 made me never want to leave the mountains...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rocky Mountains are Richard's love. His family has a cabin up in the San Isabel Forrest and he grew up summers there. We spent a lot of time there before he got sick!

      Delete
  5. Looked like such a fun adventure! And they were at the right ages that they will remember the trip. If they were a few years younger, I'm sure they wouldn't except for looking at pictures; so it is neat you took the opportunity to do so. Colorado is such a pretty state, I can imagine it was a very enjoyable trip for all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a trip they still talk about!

      Delete
  6. Colorado is one of my favorite states ... ever!
    Looking at these cute faces, I'm can't help supposing this world might be better off with more Lake Isabel's and less Disney parks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!