Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Person of Interest

I finished reading A Person of Interest by Ernest Hill last night before I found myself going to sleep. I will admit up front is wasn't one of my favorite books. I am not even sure how it ended up on my TBR (to be read) list. But I started it and kept wading my way through it. Until the end. And I hated the ending.

The book is about a recently widowed lady, Felicia, who moves back home to care for her elderly mother. Her mother lives in a house directly across the street from Luther Jackson and his wife and child. Felicia was deeply in love with Luther at one time and he fell in love with another woman, who became his wife and the mother of his only son. The book begins with Felicia being awakened by a ruckus in the street at Luther's house. His wife and child have been murdered and set afire and Luther is the main suspect. Felicia makes it her business to prove that he didn't do it. I won't give away the ending. But I will tell you that I like things to be wrapped up in a good way. I know that isn't how life happens but that is how I like it. And this book ends crazy. You will have to read it to see who killed his family and if Felicia gets 'her' man.

8 comments:

  1. Don't you hate to get to the end of a book and not like the ending? I've been disappointed many a time. This sounds like a bit of a mystery to me and I don't like to read those types of books, always wanting to go to the end of the book to see how things get wrapped out. I think I'll pass on this one, thanks for the review :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I like mysteries, so that is what I read a lot. I used to always go to the back page but with the Nook Color it is so much harder to do!

      Delete
  2. I am the same way Paula....even if I hate a book I have to finish it once I start it...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate slogging through a book that I really don't love, and then hate the ending! It is like, why did I keep reading?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont do the slog with books anymore. Far too time consuming and ultimately disappointing. I am lucky though in that i usually know very early on if a book is worth the effort. I need to write my own book I think. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!