Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Where I am Writing From...

There is nothing like a good challenge. And Love Happy Daily has a good May Blog Everyday Challenge going on right now. I love the prompts. Today's prompt is:


Where are you writing from today?


I used to have my desk back in my bedroom and that is where I would sneak away for private time. But then two young kids, ages 9 and 11, at that time arrived. And almost 3 years ago my husband, Richard had a stroke, which exacerbated his Parkinson's symtoms, and it was necessary for me to quit working outside the home and stay home. My desk was moved into the living room. Looking right over the top of my computer screen is Richard's recliner. I do not have a lap top computer so it is my desk where I spend my day. It is usually messy with bills, kids papers, and other things that need my attention. Behind me is an entire wall of sliding glass windows (that I hope to one day turn into French doors). Over to the right is the TV. So, as you can see, everything I need right in one place....Tell me about where you write.

I am linking up with Love Happy Daily here today.

If you are interested in joining the challenge then just click on the picture below and it will take you to all the prompts.



12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the A to Z challenge, so I'm tempted to join this one too. Thanks for alerting me to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on and join. It is never too late.

      Delete
  2. My desk is in the living room too--so I can direct the insanity while pretending and occasionally succeeding to work. You have to do what you have to do, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a late start, but I had to do this one with you - the prompts are great! I am a PC blogger/writer too. My desk is much messier than yours - I put in a picture of Sophie instead. Just couldn't face the clutter in a picture for all the world to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you signed up to do the challenge. It really helps me in my caregiving to have this as an outlet

      Delete
  4. I LOVE seeing pictures of people's desks! It's the voyeur in me, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, isn't it. Although I am finding that few write at their desks

      Delete
  5. Seems like you got a great cozy place to write at! I work at home so I have a work computer and a personal computer, both desktop. My work computer looks out the back sliding glass door to the back yard where I see usually birds and the occasional cat that comes across the yard. If I scoot my chair just a bit to the left is where my personal computer is that looks into the kitchen.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to turn mine around and look into the backyard but with Richard I just can't....but I can dream about what is behind me and try not to think about what is about to be behind me...

      Delete
  6. Pretty ingenious set-up! I really (really) like your desk chair.
    My PC's on/under a corner desk in our bedroom. The privacy and quiet is nice ... but, I get to feeling guilty for not spending more time with Tom, particularly after being at work all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Myra. I got the chair quite a number of years ago at Pier One. It isn't really that comfortable but I like how it looks....

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!