Thursday, May 29, 2014

Remember to.....

May is almost a memory! I cannot believe how fast this year is flying by. Soon it will be summer. However, it already feels like summer here. We have been in the 90's the past few days...with high humidity, so it has been stay indoors weather. Especially since there seems to be something wrong with the air-conditioner in my car. I swear there is always something going on. My house is done. It is BRIGHT white. I feel like I need sunglasses just to stand and admire it. It ended up costing a couple hundred dollars more than I orignally planned, but that seems to be how my luck goes. I saved money by agreeing to paint the doors myself. I have a brand new gallon of paint called Dried Thyme that was given to me...so it will be the door color for now. I am not putting the old wooden shutters back up. Contemplating vinyl shutters and may go with black. If I do that I might change the door color. Or I might see if they have a green that will closely match my door color. Then I plan on new porch lights, a nice new welcome mat and begin some landscaping. It will be so fresh.

But now on to the challenge from Love Happy Daily. Today's prompt is:

 Best advice you’ve received lately.

I have a new friend, Wendy, who blogs at A Day in the Life on the Farm. We have found that we have quite a bit in common. She has the most positive, upbeat attitude of anyone I have met in recent years. She always has good things to say when she visits my blog. She always lifts my spirits. The best advice that she recently gave me is to "remember to breathe." Sounds so simple, doesn't it. But when you are stressed (like I am) and you have a full-plate (like I do)remembering to breathe is good advice. Thanks Wendy!!


22 comments:

  1. Hi Paula .. that's wonderful to have found Wendy ... and I bet that breathing thing came into play when you looked at your newly painted bright white house ... your ideas sound fun - and will give you something else to think about ...

    An upbeat attitude ... and putting a positive on a negative really helps ... have a happy weekend with your 'new white' home .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it is HARD to focus on being positive...I have always found negative to be so much easier. But it is killing me so I am trying, trying, trying!!

      Delete
  2. You started my day off with a smile. I needed that shot in the arm right now, thanks my friend.
    PS: I think dried thyme sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to remember how awesome you are my friend...and I am hugging you and praying for you right now

      Delete
    2. I agree - I'm painting flower boxes and I think I could call the paint color dried thyme - it's leftover from the previous owners, but still paints. Beautiful! Especially against that bright white.

      Delete
    3. I'll take pictures when I am all done

      Delete
  3. Fresh paint is so exciting. Our house was white with black shutters and I changed it last time to off white with tan shutters. I like it, but I miss the black and white, and I never could get the shutters the exact color I had in my head that I wanted. All the updating sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been 10 years for us so it is exciting. Fun, and lots of hard work

      Delete
  4. I think the thyme door with black shutters would be pretty. ;-) You should post a photo for us.

    And that is wonderful advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kwiz, when it is all done I will.

      Delete
  5. I find that I forget to breath sometimes. In fact I catch myself with my shoulders hunched way up to my ears and my hands clutched onto each other. It’s interesting what happens when I remember to be mindful of my body.
    BRIGHT white and thyme will compliment each other nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit lyndagrace I cannot wait to see how pretty thyme will be

      Delete
  6. I am always telling others to do just that and fail to remember for myself! Typical. So glad you have a wonderful friend to lift your spirits when you need that little nudge. Positive is always the best way to see things. But it's so very hard most of the time...that's what makes it worth it.
    I just saw this quote and love it:

    "A negative thinker sees difficulty in every situation. A positive thinker sees opportunity in every difficulty."

    Remember, some days, just breathing is positive enough :)

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Be Positive in Life and Writing
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote is so perfect...unfortunately most of the time I am just seeing the difficulty. Thanks for the reminder

      Delete
  7. Great advice, such a simple one but often forgotten!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the thyme will look good if you go with it for the doors against the white walls. Glad the house got completed! Those are hot temps for not even June yet! I have to agree, this year is flying by. I do like her advice to remember to breathe, kind of like stop and take time to smell the roses.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy is wonderfully calming and cheering and a breath of fresh air in the blogosphere. Great advice...now, to just DO it! Good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!