Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My plate is Full

As I continue along with the Blog Everyday in May challenge....Today's prompt is:

What’s on your plate?

Instead of telling you what I am eating right now...(I am drinking my morning coffee and trying to hurry Richard along. Anyone who deals with a person who has dementia knows that the more you try to hurry them, the slower they go) I am going to tell you that this has been a 'full-plate week.' On Monday I took Darian downtown to order his hoodie for Scout camp, buy a new pair of running shoes and ordered his new glasses. then he had a Scout meeting that evening. Yesterday the kids' oldest sister, Katie, was visiting from South Carolina so she came to take the kids to lunch and visit with granny and papa for a very short period of time. So hard to get a young girl (she's 23) to sit for long when there are so many people to see in the short time she is here. Then we mowed the grass. And last night was Dancing With The Stars finale so we certainly had to work that in. We were thrilled with who one. They were our favorites from the beginning. After that was over Darian and I took the car and filled it with gas, checked the oil, and the air in the tires as we are going out of town today.
Today I need to get Richard showered and shaved and dressed in 'real' clothes. For tonight is Paige's 8th grade graduation in a town about 55 miles from here. We are going to her house first for a cook-out. This is going to be the first big trip for Richard in over 2 years. I am anxious, to say the least, to see how it goes. And he is taking his time eating and reading the paper....
Tomorrow, a health clinic near us, is offering $20.00 school physicals from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Darian needs his physical completed for Boy Scout camp (he leaves May 31) and I wasn't able to get him into his own doctor. So it is a come and wait your turn kind of thing. I plan on dropping him off and picking him up. He can call me when he gets close to the front of the line.
Then on Friday, we have company coming from Oklahoma for the weekend (they are staying in a motel so it won't upset our schedules as much). I am looking forward to their visit. And I am also getting my house painted and the painter wants to start working on it this weekend....

I told you MY PLATE IS FULL.

Let's head over to Live Happy Daily and link up with others. Tell me what is on your plate? You can talk about food if you'd like.

18 comments:

  1. I'm sure glad you didn't spill the beans about Dancing with the Stars! Mr. Sexy and I still need to watch it. This is the first season I have watched it and it's been a real joy. My body gets really tense while they dance because I want to dance, too. However...I'm not a dancer. lol I took a dance class once and I looked angry the whole time. Although, Mr. Sexy and I like to dance together and that's different. Anyways, I assume Meryl and her partner won but I will find out if I'm right tonight! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed your plate is full. I hope your trip goes well! Good luck with the physical. If it turns out to be too much trouble, you can always go CVS or Target pharmacy where they have a NP and get a quick sports physical. A friend told me about this option for when you get in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fancy. We do not have a pharmacy at our Target and there is not A CVS in our town. I hope this works out because he can't go to camp without it.

      Delete
  3. Wow , your schedule sounds like mine last week. Have fun. Congratulations to Paige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week has been crazy I am glad it's not like this all the time

      Delete
  4. Feeling your pain. It seems to all come at once and when their are kids involved - May gets out of hand. Last night, Peanut had ballet at 5:00, Murph had a spring football scrimmage at 6:00 and Peanut's end of year choir concert was at 7:00. Needless to say - I was actually glad mom was in rehab or I don't know what I would have done! Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I think of you everyday.

      Delete
  5. We just recover from the holiday frenzy and New Year and winter, and now the end of the school year extravaganzas hit. It's kind of out of control for everyone, don't you think? Hope you all arrive home safely without mishap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made the trip and back home. exhausted but happy

      Delete
  6. I know when we lived in Montana, local clinics would offer sports medicine physicals (they were $15 at the time, but that was 8 years ago, LOL); I think it is a great service and very reasonably priced! I hope his wait won't be too long at it. Sounds like you do have a lot on your plate this week. I hope the graduation celebration went well tonight and all were able to enjoyit! Not much on my plate, usual work, got to figure out a Sunday school craft project for Sunday, that's probably the only "pressing" thing right now.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trip went well and Darian only had to wait 30 minutes for his physical....not bad at all

      Delete
  7. You definitely have a full plate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula .. I sure hope you have the most wonderful time visiting your Paige's graduation ceremony, cook out etc .. and that Darian gets sorted, and then your friends coming for the weekend ... enjoy their company and then having the house painted, with bring some summer freshness in .. sounds very busy, but happy .. good luck with it all ..cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hillary. We are making the best of it all

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!