Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Inspired

Is anyone else out there struggling with the fact that today I May 20? I can't wrap my mind around it at all. The year will soon be half over. I am still down in my funk but I think it is all about my computer. (boo hoo it IS a dead hard drive.) He is fixing it by putting in a used hard drive, so NO cost to me. But I don't know what I'll be able to get back. What is on the back up drive that I have? Will all my pictures be there? What about all my contacts? And the old emails I kept for reference. My documents folders where there were many things like music, eBooks, etc. Dang, dang, double dang. Moving on..

Today's Blog Everyday in May blogging prompt is:
 Who inspires you? 
I find inspiration all around me. But it is my family who offers me the reason for getting up every morning. Without them I think I would just lay in bed every single day and feel sorry for myself. My dear husband, who would rather be anything than the invalid that he is, wakes up every single day and tells me that he loves me. He always tells me 'thank you,' when I do something for him. I know that he appreciates me and I never feel that he is just taking advantage of me. 
My youngest son who lives 50+ miles away and works a very intense job as a sheriff deputy always still finds times to come to our house every Saturday and stay until Sunday just to give me a break from the 24/7 job of caring for Richard.
My grandson Darian who tries so hard to pick up the slack when his uncle is not here. And he does a good job. And he is so sweet (most of the time.)
And then there are the girls....oh my goodness. Where would I be without the drama, the shopping, the doing of hair and nails (theirs..not mine) if it wasn't for my girls. And the gossip.
Yes, I am inspired by my family. I get up and carry on for them.
Now if we have exchanged emails in the past please send me an email again so that I will be able to start making a new contact list....
And go over to Love Happy Daily and join the link up here. Tell me who inspires you.







   












15 comments:

  1. What a great answer! And I agree, inspiration is all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have to look really hard...

      Delete
  2. Ugh, your emails should be saved to your email address and should be able to be accessed. I am glad that most of your pics are on picassa so they won't be lost either. Your books should be safe in whatever library you use. How frustrating to have your computer crash.....so sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Microsoft Outlook for my emails and it was an older program loaded onto my computer so we will just have to see what is there. I haven't been able to get Picasa on the laptop yet to show my pictures so we will see And my books were in Adobe . But today I just am not going to focus on what needs done today and not worry about it.

      Delete
  3. Sorry the computer seems to be a hopeless mess, but glad that it will be fixed at no cost to you. I hope when it is and you can access it again, the things you need will somehow be on it. I loved what inspired you. The obvious love you have for your family shows through in your words!

    And yes, I can't believe it is May 20th already. Weren't we just celebrating the holidays? Flying way too fast!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be Betty, that I just put away my Christmas stuff.

      Delete
  4. I loved reading this and I absolutely agree, inspiration truly is all around us if we are open to looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is just too hard to look though, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Oh Paula this post brings tears to my eyes. And in reading it I find that you really inspire me. Thank you. And I imagine you are a great inspiration to those who know you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Simone.....I don't know that those around me would agree so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely with you on the "family inspiration" and I find that very positive! <3

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Be Positive in Life and Writing
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pox on all computers, but if we have our druthers, we'd rather have computer problems and loving families than the other way around! Your photo of your granddaughter Paige is so pretty - sweet smile and so grown up looking Combine how fast she's growing with what you said about it already being the end of May, and no wonder we constantly feel behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would rather not be without my computer. And May is almost over. I cannot believe it!

      Delete
  9. What a nice post about your family. It seems you have all come together to help out with your husband's illness. I think it is just wonderful that your son comes for Saturday and Sunday to give you a break. What a wonderful son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the best! Don't know what I would do without him

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!