Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Gone Girl

I finished reading "Gone Girl" a couple of days ago. I have had to pause before I wrote about it as I am just not quite sure what my thoughts are. I like the style of the book. Each chapter changed from the husband and wife's perspective of the story. I can honestly say that this story can adequately show how today's media handles most of the sensational stories of today. They decide right off the bat who they want to be the guilty party and then decide to ruin that person's life in the media. They appoint themselves both judge and jury. Before the investigators can even gather all the information. And to be perfectly honest, in this case, so did the police.

I liked the book. It haunts me to think that such a thing could actually happen. And a little bit of me (the darker side, you might say) thinks how much fun it would be to actually create this scenario. If I didn't lead the crazy life of a care-giver I probably would have blasted through this book in little time. But I mostly read a chapter or two at night as I 'patiently' waited for sleep to come.

I would recommend it if you like these kinds of books. I will definitely try more books by Gilliam Flynn. Now, I have started Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. I'll be back sometime to let you know what I think.....

8 comments:

  1. I felt the same about this book. I had to gather my thoughts because my jaw was on the floor. It was the first book in a very, very long time that had characters I thought were despicable people. Flynn's other books are equally dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But yet I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. You are both so right. There was not one character in the entire book that I liked at all. But it called to me to keep reading and I loved all the twists and turns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I haven't read a book in a long while. I'm not sure why. I used to always have one book going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this one Fancy. You won't want to put it down.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review, Paula. I am intrigued about this book now; will have to see if our library has it or I can put a hold on it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!