Thursday, May 8, 2014

Friday's Loves

click for list of blogging prompts



Carrying on with the May Blogging Everyday Challenge that is hosted by Love Happy Daily. This is today's prompt: 

  5 things you love on a Friday.


1. I love to write 5 Minute Friday that is hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. I didn't write during the month of April due to the A to Z Challenge but I am back today. 


2. Friday is Blue Bloods night on TV and I am a huge Tom Selleck fan. I mean what older woman can't find this face to be drop dead gorgeous.

3. Friday is not the start of the weekend for us right now. The kids' last day of school was April 30th. There is a huge construction project going on in our district, so for the past two years the kids have gone to school 30 minutes longer each day so that their summer vacation is 4 months long, allowing more time for construction to be done without kids in the way. They are supposed to finish this summer. Here I am with fingers crossed. Four months is a long time to have bored teenagers at home.

4. Friday is the day before Justin and Paige come over from the city (about 50 miles from us) so I plan meals for the weekend and prepare for my one night that I get to sleep in my own bed and watch Army Wives.

5. Friday is also the day that I try to get all of my laundry done, folded and put away. Not really something to get excited about but I like having it all done before the weekend starts.

Now, I have shared my 5 favorite things about Friday. I will link up with Love Happy Daily here. What is your favorite thing about Friday? 

18 comments:

  1. Now that makes sense why the kids were out so early and you are right 4 months is a long tme to be out from school! I always liked to clean the house on Friday and then have it done for the weekend, now I just don't clean, LOL (long story but I'm on strike from cleaning). I like Fridays because there's 2 days off from work and a chance to sit back and relax a bit :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your two days off Betty!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fab day and a lovely weekend ahead! Four months is a long time...hope they are behaving themselves ;) My fave thing is having hubby home for the weekend and spending family time together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family time on the weekend is so important, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Last day of work before the weekend..and dinner out with my hubby! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a wonderful weekend as well, Jeanette!

      Delete
  4. I can relate to your laundry feeling--there's something about being organized before the weekend begins that makes the weekend even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly I do mine because Justin brings all his with him when he comes on Saturday...

      Delete
  5. Even though I miss him, I put Murray into Doggie Play Date. He needs to be a dog sometimes... pffttt. Okay, really, I need to be a human, so Friday is my day off to do anything. BTW, I love Tom Selleck, he's so handsome.
    Katy Did

    Life's Ride As I See It

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was sorry to see you deleted your comment. I tend to do laundry almost everyday...a load here and load there based on my work schedule. Soooooooo agree with Tom Selleck, plus I really love that show, Blue Bloods. I love the family meals. We usually record it and watch a couple of them at a time. I forgot about the Friday meme, and still haven't made it over to check out the May blog everyday...must do that.
    Sandy at Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What comment are you talking about Sandy? I don't know that I have deleted any comments..

      Delete
  7. Hands down, my favorite thing about Friday is crawling into bed, knowing I don't have to set the alarm clock for some ungodly hour. Oh, that and our Friday-night pizza ritual. Come to think of it, Tom should be back with the pie any minute now. (But I started the 'wine' course without him!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....for a minute there I thought you meant Tom Selleck. Enjoy your weekend Myra.

      Delete
  8. I am a Blue Bloods fan too...but I dvr it and watch it with Murph whenever it's just the two of us. He likes Jamie and Danny, of course! Monday is my laundry day...it would be too traumatic to do it on Friday and watch it pile up over the weekend! Love your fave five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonights episode was a good one. Harley thinks Danny is all that 'and a bag of chips'. I think if he worked in a real police department he would have been out on his ear ages ago. I do my laundry on Fridays so that Justin can do his over the weekend. He brings it with him when he comes. Maybe it's why he bought me a new washer and dryer last year for Christmas!

      Delete
  9. I love Fridays, because it's the night before my only day off. I stay up as late as I can, which is stupid, I know, but it makes it feel like a weekend. It just makes me happy to know that I can sleep in (I never sleep past 7, even on Saturday), and that I don't have to work the next day. Love, love Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like my grandson, Lisa. Even now that school is out he sets his alarm clock to get up early. He hates to sleep in. Of course he is the first one to bed every night too!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!