Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blog Every Day in May

I can't believe that I am going to do this, but I just can't seem to help myself when it comes to a good blog challenge. My friend, Kwizgiver, introduced me to this challenge and I will be doing it and linking up with Love Happy Daily. There really are some great prompts for the month of May. So here goes:



Goal setting.  What are your plans for today?  (And/or this week?  This month?  This year?)

I have been doing a monthly goal blog post at the beginning of every month. So this will tell you what I am going to be up to in May.

1. Organize my Home

   We are cleaning out all outgrown, old, or no longer wanted clothes this month!

2.Freezer Cooking

  I am continuing to work on this. I am getting ready to make and freeze chicken wraps. My family loves these. And we are having a waffle making weekend.

3. Family Budget

In the budget, I need to make room for up-coming summer camps.

4. Use more coupons

   I am doing pretty well with this goal. I am really getting into the ones that are available for my phone.

5. Using my savings accounts better.

   Yea! I am routinely doing the kids college funds this year. Now I just need to work on our own personal savings....Pay ourselves first

6. Use Hospice better

   I think for now I may have reached my limit with this goal so it might fall off my list.

7. Forgive Myself!
 
   I am getting better. I just can't do it all. I need to ask for help. And let some things go.

8. Worry Less-Love more!

   This is an always goal. 

I hope that everyone is coming along well with their goals. I find it easier to break them down like this into monthly goals. Maybe I will get something done this summer with the kids home to sit with Papa while I do some cleaning. Now, that's my plan. 

15 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting involved with another challenge!! Sounds like a cute one too! You do have good goals; I like how you write them down; something to go back and look over and tweak them. Good luck with the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. A new challenge where someone else writes the prompts. Should be a good thing. I am also working on my reflections post for the A to Z challenge.

      Delete
  2. The challenges are fun!! Not just for you but for us, your readers, as well. I am looking forward to spending time with you each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab a cup of coffee, Wendy, and we'll enjoy each other.

      Delete
  3. I have never actually written down goals. My mind is continually spinning though with things that I should be doing. Perhaps writing things down might help reduce the mind clutter. Number 7 & 8 should be mantras for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should be mantras for all of us.

      Delete
  4. I had gotten into the habit with A-Z! Today when I went to post and was thinking about my subject (my boy), I instinctively thought "B is for Boy". I am going to check out the May challenge. I will look forward to your posts in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they would love to have you join us!

      Delete
  5. I am terrible at asking for help when I need it. It stresses me out and causes me so much anxiety. The funny thing is, I know the people I ask would be more than willing to help me with whatever it is. It's something I need to work on, too, as well as forgiving myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lord, Paula - another challenge right after A to Z ?!? My bloghat is off to you :-)

    I like the idea of "monthly intentions". I haven't ever liked the word "goals", especially since being assigned arbitrary unrealistic sales goals in a job where sales wasn't even in my job description!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sucker for punishment. Last year I did challenges in March, April, May, June and July.....

      Delete
  7. OMGosh! You are doing another round! I had to take a break and start a post or two on my motorcycle blog LOL. I will come and visit this challenge as I enjoyed reading your posts from the other. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am feeling a bit crazy. But I will be happy to have your visiting me.

      Delete
  8. Hi Paula ... I'm so pleased you're keeping going with the new project ... it'll be interesting to see how it goes .. the A-Z group is very supportive .. I'm sure I'll be around on occasaion .. but all the very best and your goals are admirable .. cheers and a few hugs - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!