Sunday, April 27, 2014

X-illerating, X'd out, X-asperating

Here is My A To Z Challenge. An adventure. My attempt at telling you my story. I care for my husband who has end-stage Parkinson's disease.
We have good days and we have bad days. Hope you will follow along....A TO Z!



The X posts are the hardest to write.
So I'll make up words if you please.
Being married to this person I'm caring for
Is x-illerating, to say the least.
We didn't know when we said "I do".
There was coming a time in our life
When problems like these would bring us
So much stress and strife.
We've lived an x-illerating story.
And I have been happy to tell it.
We are nearing the end, I know.
Of the A to Z Challenge
As well as the life of my beau.

X'd out is not a word that I made up.
It's used often by many that I know.
I even found it in a dictionary.
So for me it will not be just for show.
X'd out means "something that used to be
Important
but is no longer significant."
Much like our lives are, don't you see.
We are important as long as we are breathing
And then when we die we cease to be.

And is that just x-asperating?
Or is it only me?
I want my life to always be x-illerating.
Not X'd out, as they say.
But not everything that I want.
Will turn out that way.
And I am glad that writing about X's
Is done for another day.





23 comments:

  1. X is a hard letter to write about, but I think you did a great job with it, especially tryin to keep with your theme.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty...I knew it would be my hardest with my theme

      Delete
  2. Good job with X. It was a struggle for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth, I don't think we get X'd out when we die--and especially to those who have known us. Through writing the True Heroes series for the A to Z Challenge, I've been astonished at how many people have touch my life, if only briefly, whose influence is now a part of me. If nothing else, who you are and what you do helps shape the world you leave behind. In that there's a sense of immortality.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder though if we will still be IMPORTANT after we die!

      Delete
    2. Always. Especially to those we were closest.

      Delete
  4. Love your X post! It was one of the first words I came up with - but only by a fluke of conversation from the day before I wrote down my plan! I have to agree with Crystal (above) - you will never be X'd out - your legacy and kindness and spunk will have you talked about and remembered forever among your family and friends. Hugs to you - X-cellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that I will be talked about for a long time...but it might be about things other than my kindness and spunk. LOL

      Delete
  5. Your love will not be X-ed out. Your husband will live in your heart for as long as you are alive. And for as long as you are alive, you most certainly are NOT X-ed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love will go one...that is for sure. Thank you Inger It has been great getting to know you through the challenge

      Delete
  6. The definition for X'd out makes me think of fame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good definition for some of the celebrities we have had these days, wouldn't it. They have X'd out!

      Delete
  7. Great twist on the elusive "X" factor! Ya, I think being X'd-out would be the worst thing. Maybe that's why I strive to keep my parents' memories alive with personal vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is what I found scariest about dying...being X'd out!

      Delete
  8. We are not X'd out when we die. We are kept alive in the memories of those who loved us. My mom died in 1987 but I still think of her often with love. Your husband will live on in your heart.I will not be the same but even when he is gone, he will be near you.I'm sorry for all you are going through. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grammy. I do believe that all of our loved ones live on within our hearts

      Delete
  9. Good take on the letter X ! I think this blog is creating a memory, too, of you and your husband. We are all touched by those we meet along this journey called life....But I wonder. Can we truly know what our final impact is? I think not. We can only live our life one step at a time....as you have bravely done :) And I personally believe the soul is eternal, so being x'd out just doesn't compute. Take care, Paula.
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. This is a good way of looking at it!

      Delete
  10. I agree, we are never X'd out if we've touched other lives, and you certainly have.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!