Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Stealing

I am getting ready for the A To Z Challenge so I have run out of creative ideas to write about. Maybe I haven't really had any in the first place. But I am tired of writing about my life. So it SUNDAY STEALING DAY!

The 20Q Meme

1. When you buy a greeting card, are the words or the picture more important to you?

It has been so long since I purchased a greeting card. I have a program on my computer to make cards should the desire to send one hit me. And I think the words are more important.

2. What is your favorite kind of cake?

White cake, white icing. Thick, white icing.

3. Do you ever make gifts for people? If so, what? Or do you buy them?

I am a buyer!

4.You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What is your question?

Where is that 'Change We Can Believe in?'

5. Which do you dislike most: pop up ads or spam emails?

I have a pop-up blocker and spam filter so I don't get any pop-ups and few spam emails. I would have to say the emails

6.What was the best party you have ever been to?

Easy peasy...the party celebrating my graduation from nursing school. It lasted 48 hours!

7. Which is worse being in a place that is too loud or too quiet?

Too loud...it can never be too quiet

8.You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. What do you do?

A gambler or risk taker I am not. However, I have a fifty-fifty chance (which are good odds) and I didn't have anything when I started so I am going to change it for the other envelope. Fingers-crossed!

9 Do you wish cell phone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one?

I don't think it would matter. Pigs are Pigs!

10. What is the most messed up good combination that you have had that was actually good?

Popcorn and milk

11.What is one of your most random pet peeves (something that really annoys you)?

People who are late. I cannot stand being late and people who are late annoy the piss out of me.

12. When is the last time you had home cooking?

I have home cooking everyday. And I am the 'fixer.'

13. If you could be a fictional character from a book, who would you chose?

Sherlock Holmes....I like to solve mysteries. (and I am pretty good at it)

14.If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you chose.

Two and a Half Men....and I would beg, beg, beg them to take it off the air. Because it is the worst comedy on TV.

15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, which would it be?

A cat....lay in the window, in the sun, purring and then meow for my supper. And scratch and claw whomever annoyed me.

16. What is your favorite girl's name?

Tough question...when I was younger I wanted to change my name to Constance and be called Connie. Lately I heard the name Charlie Rose for Daphne on the Chew. And I love it!

17. What is your favorite boys name?

I knew this was coming...I like strong masculine names: Like Charles, Richard, Micheal.

18. What is your supermarket of choice.

I live in Dillon's country. Started here many many years ago. Bought out by Kroger but we still call ours Dillon's. And we have a brand spanking new Dillon's Market Place just up the street.

19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?

I am not going. I don't much care for parties anymore and the idea of a costume party makes me shudder. It is okay if I politely decline?

20. What is your concession stand must have at the movies?

I don't go to the movies but I would have to have buttered popcorn and a box of Good and Plenty!

Now if you want to play along just head over to the Sunday Stealing site and link up.

16 comments:

  1. I liked Two and a half men when it first came on, I haven't seen it after the son became a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it as well in the beginning. But since Charlie left it has been so sex-filled that I can't leave it on in the presence of a 14 year old girl. It is AWFUL for such an early time slot.

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with you on Two and a Half Men. It's like its whole reason for being is to see just how far it can push the envelope. It was witty in the beginning,but now I think there must be a couple of 14 year old boys writing all the jokes.

    A party that lasted 48 hours? Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....they are trying to see how far they can go. And I think it has gone too far. Yes a 48 hour party was a blast....back in the good old days.

      Delete
  3. What an enjoyable read, Paula! I particularly like (your) #'s 10 and 13.
    Oh, and I agree 100% with #11. Some years ago I traveled with a friend who was chronically late - that was a real test of our friendship, but not sure I'd do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes being late is a killer of relationships for me!!

      Delete
  4. That popcorn and milk combination certainly seemed interesting! Never heard of a 48 hour party, but sounded fun! I also agree about people being late and the biggest pet peeve of that are people who are late to church (the only ones that have a reasonable excuse to be late are parents with young children). Irritates me to see people coming in late (regulars, not visitors) but I guess it is good that they are at least making an attempt to show up?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had popcorn and milk every Saturday night when I was growing up!

      Delete
  5. My son has always been a fan of popcorn and milk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not seen Two and a Half Men in years. Same for How I Met Your Mother, though I might watch the finale tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready for the end of How I Met your Mother too. If it is anyone but Robin, I am going to be so mad!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, I like the name Charlie. I like boys names for girls. In fact, on my answer I put boys names. Two and half men has gotten bad. It seems like most of them do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles was my dad's name. I call Harley Charlie sometimes.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!