Monday, March 31, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

Tomorrow is the first day of the A to Z Challenge. I hope those of you who are doing it are ready. And I hope those of you who are following me are all ready to hear my take on my Care-giving Journey. But this is Monday and it is Menu Plan Monday. So here goes:



Week March 31-April 6

Monday

Corn
(mine are in the crock pot right now)

Tuesday

Noodles
Broccoli

Wednesday

Kids have church
PGEO night

Thursday

Baked sweet potatoes
Peas

Friday

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Rice

Saturday

Chicken Cordon Blue
Mashed potatoes
Broccoli

Sunday

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

Those recipes with * if you click on them will take you to the web page when I got the recipe from. You will note some of these were on my menu last week and we just didn't get to them. We had dinner delivered to us on Thursday from a very good lady. Friday Darian had a friend over and we splurged on Papa John's Pizza.
And the Chicken Curry was nasty and I will be taking it off my list. No one in this house liked it and I threw it all away. Maybe we are just not curry people.

I am linking up with I'm an Organized Junkie for Menu Plan Monday. Want to join us?


6 comments:

  1. I love Tortilla Soup even when it's too hot for soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your menu for the week and I have to agree when you get a recipe that doesn't work, get rid of it. We've done the same here. I'll link up to this sometime, probably after A/Z to see what others do for menu planning. I menu plan Saturday to Thursday since Friday is our splurge day, we bring in fast food or similar. Nice someone brought a dinner over to you guys! I need to remember to do that more often for people who might need something like that (our church does it for new moms, people recovering from surgery, that type of thing).

    (and I totally agree with your thoughts you left about my post with police, et al. I know they are just doing their jobs, its just interesting why the city pursues what they do with traffic stops. I do know it is a frustrating job to be a police officer and their lives are always at risk. Without going into too much detail, I have had less than positive experiences with police when no law has been broken or is about to be broken so sometimes I tend to be just a bit jaded, which is not a good thing, I know; I need to pray more for them I am sure.)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should link up or at least go look at some of the menu plans That is where some of my recipes come from. And I knew you weren't blasting the cops. I just am a bit sensitive when it comes to cops. I love my cop so much!!

      Delete
  3. I know we are not curry people. But, it is good to try different things to see if you like them (a lesson my family needs to learn). We've had lasagna the last two nights. I am one of the few people who love to eat at home. I think I ate out once since the beginning of the year and that is when I went to Texas over spring break. My family likes to eat out though, like tonight I got the kiddo Subway because it is church night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to eat out in restaurants but I love take out and delivery. Ha! Ha!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!