Sunday, March 2, 2014

March Goals

I wasn't so great with goals in February. Sometimes that just happens, doesn't it. But here's what I did and what I will try to do in March.

Organize My Home

February
 Organize kitchen cabinets--I did One!
 Clean out laundry room closet--hope, didn't happen.

March
  Get to the rest of the kitchen cabinets
  Get that closet cleaned in laundry room

Freezer Cooking

February
  Make waffles, quesadillas, and breakfast burritos for the freezer--nope, nope, and nope.

March
  I am not giving up on freezer cooking. I will try those same three things again.

Set Up a Family Budget

February
  Assign $ amounts to how much I want to spend.---I did fairly well. I just didn't stay within the budget this month.

March
  Continue to work on this.

Use more coupons

February
  I did go through and throw away all the out-dated coupons.

March
  Upload more digital coupons and use less paper ones.

Use My Savings Account more wisely

February
  I am still working on it from January

March
  I will carry on in March

Use Hospice Better

March
  I am doing the best I can with this one.

Weight loss/exercise
  I am taking this one off the list. I am just going to be happy where I am right now. I am stretched too thin to even care at this point.

Forgive Myself
  See above. I am doing better

Worry Less, Love more
  I will never be a worry-less person. So I am forgiving myself this one as well. And I will just keep loving more. As much as I can.

How are you doing with your goals? I will just keep plugging away. February was a hard month here. So much winter. So much depression. Some sunshine and less snow will help I'm sure. 





   














12 comments:

  1. Good for you Paula. I gave up on all that goal making stuff. I admire those of you that can make goals and strive to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to keep plugging away Wendy. Lately I just want to lay on the couch and sleep. But I recognize as depression, so I have to keep putting one step in front of the other.

      Delete
  2. Interesting post! Looks like you and I handle breakfasts in a similar fashion, though. I love the forgive yourself part and the worry less and love more part. That takes care of what we deem as shortcomings in the other areas. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is good to set goals and then go back and see what progress you made and then fine tune them. Your goals to do some freezer cooking sound good, in addition to working on budgeting. Wise to take off the weight loss/exercise goals if they were hard to attain; less frustration aI am sure!

    I'm terrible at making goals, should probably do some, but I just tend to "wing" it a lot :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I usually do...wing it! But I am not getting a dang thing done around here. It is so hard to work around Richard and his needs. His needs take all my physical time and leaves me mentally zapped!

      Delete
  4. I just discovered your blog through a mutual friend-Goodnight Gram. I think you are both real gems! What a blessing you are to your grandchildren and husband! We have some things in common. I am a caregiver too, for my mother who has early to middle-stage Alzheimer's. I am also a grandparent raising a grandchild--she is 8. I can really relate to having difficulty meeting those goals! If it's a 5 or 10 minute task, it's usually manageable. Otherwise, I might spend a few minutes at a time on the job and go back later. If I can. Or not. Sometimes my family needs me to do something else and I have to adapt. Some days, I am not so good at being flexible and patient. Other days, I figure it out--I don't know how except by the grace of God. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to meet you MK. Yes it is hard and I am sometimes just running on dry. This has been one of those weeks and then the guilt eats at me. I can't find your blog. Do you just use Google or do you blog?

      Delete
    2. Hi Paula, I just use Google. I haven't figured out how to make the time for a blog. I love your teddy bears! Don't you just wish we could somehow send real bear-hugs to everyone who needs them! I got a big, unexpected hug one day last week from a new friend. It sure was nice, and on a day I really needed it. One of those days when I didn't want to be the responsible person, or the calm person. I just wanted to go catch up on my sewing for my granddaughter or read a book--but it wasn't meant to be on that day. That's when I feel guilty too--thinking of myself and not others. I hope you get some hugs too!

      Delete
    3. I made my blog so many years ago...before the craziness of raising grandkids or taking care of Richard began. I will catch up with you on Google I hope. Yes real hugs are good but I'll take them over the internet if that is the only way that I can get them....Thanks so much And here is a big {{hug}} for you

      Delete
  5. I haven't even had time to review my goals. I guess I need to get on that. I know I had some misses. I really need to do the freezer waffles and quesidillas. Those are staples in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made breakfast burritos this weekend and froze 15 of them. Tonight we made chicken wraps and quesidillas. Don't know how many will make it to the freezer. :) I am trying to get some things for the kids to grab and fix for the 'dark days ahead'.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!