Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Finish This

Do you know what I like about Wednesday's? Not that it is the middle of the week and getting closer to the weekend. Because everyday is the same to me. I have to make a sign to hang in the living room to keep Richard oriented. But it helps me too. The only way that we know that it is the weekend is the kids are out of school. Nope what I love about Wednesday's is Finish This....So go over to Nicole's blog, Three 31 and join in. And also I am going to give a shout out to my new blogging friend, Lisa, who is now hosting One Word Wednesday for caregivers, or anyone else who likes to write to a word prompt. Go visit her. And tell her I sent you.






Week 12

I know it is a little weird but.....I like to watch Dog The Bounty Hunter. It is so cheesy. But the reason that I like to watch is that Dog reminds me of my oldest son. The estranged son. The son who is the father of the kiddos that I am raising. This son is tall and lanky with a bit of a belly. Just like Dog. His face is haggard. He has a history of jail. Just like Dog. And he used to wear his blond hair in a pony-tail. Just like Dog. But unlike Dog, his is real hair. Not hair extensions. And like Dog he has tried his hand at working for a couple of bails bondsmen. So there. Now you know that I am a little bit weird. 

When stopped at a stoplight, I.....look around to see who is stopped beside me and what they are doing. Or glance down at my phone to see what it is doing. I don't text and drive but I will answer a text at a stoplight. Now that I have a new Droid Mini, she reads me my texts and I can answer while driving. But mostly I like to see who is in other cars and imagine where they are going.

My guilty pleasure is.....potato chips and sour cream. I have pounds and pounds that are resting right here on my hips (and thighs and stomach) that are directly related to loving to drown my sorrows in potato chips dipped in plain sour cream. Yum!

My favorite way to unwind is....a cocktail or a glass of wine, cheese and crackers and a bowl of green grapes. And Army Wives in the DVD player. Every Saturday night when my youngest son, Justin, comes to stay I head to my bedroom, close the door, and unwind. Just like this!! Thank you Justin.

Now I am on my way over to Nicole's blog to see how everyone else Finished These....care to join me?

10 comments:

  1. Potato chips and dip is so yummy. I love plain potato chips in ketchup with black pepper. Thanks for joining us again this week, it's so fun to read your responses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black pepper and ketchup. Now that is weird. I will have to try it.

      Delete
  2. I like your guilty pleasure; I think we all need something like that. Glad you have one night you can unwind a bit!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! Usually I am sleeping with one ear pealed to his coughing just in case they need me!

      Delete
  3. I bought a bag of Lay's potato chips last week. It's been FOREVER since I had any...they sure were yummy and I sure did feel guilty for how many I ate. You can't eat just one, ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life wouldn't be the same without guilty pleasures! Mine is Judge Judy but don't tell anyone......X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Judge Judy. How much better would this world be if there were real Judge Judies out there handing out justice?

      Delete
  5. I used to watch Dog all the time. I haven't watched it in a few years though. I also look around at other people who are stopped at the light. You catch people doing some funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch Dog anymore either. I don't need to fill that fantasy of him being my son

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!