Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Finish This

Wednesday....Hump Day, Back to School from spring break day, Hospice Nurse visit day and Finish This day. Aren't we all excited? I will be linking up with Lisa, Jen, Becky and Nicole.  
Click to head over to the link-up


This week:


When I need help with life's mysteries I turn to.....well, it depends upon what the mystery is. I have found that you can figure out pretty much anything by typing it into Google. And if you are a visual learner, then type it into You Tube. I used to go to my husband for help with solving all of life's mysteries. But now he is part of the mystery. So I am sticking with Google.

My next challenge is figuring out.....how I am going to live my life as a widow. We all know that day is coming. At my house it will come sooner, rather than later. I have pretty much been living the past 2 1/2 years as a single mom. So there shouldn't be many changes. We will go through another financial change. But I will certainly be able to deal with that when the time comes.

I shake things up......by yelling! That always get everyone moving.

High Heels are.....something these feet of mine will NEVER again experience. I don't even know why women put them on now. I have worn many a pair back in the day. And they are horribly uncomfortable. And caused bunions and hammertoes. And I am thrilled that I will never wear another pair. For any reason. Ever. So there.

16 comments:

  1. Amen about those high heels!!!! I never wore them, they're too uncomfortable, and my aunt's feet are AWFUL because of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I can blame my feet on high heels but I have had surgery on both feet and I just want a good, wide pair of comfortable shoes to wear

      Delete
  2. It's true, Google is like having an entire library at our fingertips, only better -- no card catalog, going to find the books, looking up the info, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine where we can be without google

      Delete
  3. lol..........I have not worn a pair of high heels in over 20 years now, either! Oh, and I can also achieve a rather good holler. The cat senses when I've a flaky coming on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yelling certainly does get things moving. :) Way to own that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it does get things moving! I hate being a 'yeller' but I am what I am

      Delete
  5. You and me both with high heels. Those days are long gone and I'm really glad too! So true with the info we can find either though Google or YouTube. I don't need to have much reference books for the type of work I do because I can just access things through a Google search. I would imagine when the time comes it will be an adjustment to go to widowhood, kind of like any change in the seasons of our lives like when kids grew up and left home, etc. This time though I know you'll carry that element of grief as you try to adjust to your new normal.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost never wear high heels even at work. Love ballet flats most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with Crocs. My granddaughter hates them. Might be another reason I love them. Hehehehe!

      Delete
  7. High heels suck! I already have a problem with being graceful. Let's not put me on a little pointy stick...lol. My mom is figuring out how to live as a widow too. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought a lot of you and your mom lately. At least God is allowing me to get prepared!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. It has been rough. I talk to her every day. Yesterday was pretty hard for her. I cry pretty much every day. Yesterday I was right by his work and I was like "Oh, I could pop in and surprise dad" and then I remembered I couldn't. I miss his laugh the most.

      Delete
    3. I was that way with my mom. She was in the nursing home close to where I worked. It took quite some time before I quit thinking I could just run over and sit with her awhile. And for a long, long time after she died anytime I took a shower I thought about the things I needed to tell her when I went to see her. I think she was haunting me in the shower :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment