Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Finish This....

It is Wednesday. Not been a good week at our house. Richard has been sick. With vomiting and diarrhea. I know....too much info. But that is reality and that is what my week has been like. 


click button to link

My favorite comfort food is....nothing makes me feel as good as a bag of ripple potato chips with a carton of sour cream. I have no idea why that is my comfort food, but it is. And I might need some tonight!

My most memorable birthday was....I really don't have a birthday that is especially memorable for one reason or another. When I was growing up there was never a big deal made out of birthdays. They just came and went. If there was enough money we had a cake, if not, then we didn't. I can't remember a single birthday from my childhood. Richard tried to surprise me on my 30th. I was in nursing school and needed to study so that didn't go over too good. When I turned 40 my youngest son bought me my favorite piece of jewelry. It was a gold charm "RN",on a gold chain, bought with his own money and no prompting from anyone. Still my most treasured piece of jewelry. Nothing too memorable about birthdays here.

The best karaoke song is....egads, I am just no good this week at all. I have never sang karaoke. And I am pretty sure that I never will. I love to sing. Just not publicly.

Boot make me feel.....like walking, and that's just what I'll do...these boots are made for walking, and I'll walk all over you. Okay, now did that really date me? Nancy Sinatra! Really I don't wear boots very often. Only if I HAVE to go out and there is snow on the ground. And that is only if I am forced to go.

I am grateful....for all that I have. I am not nearly grateful enough. I should work on that. It is always easier for me to see the cup half empty instead of half full.

If you want to play along this week, just click on the button above and join one of the girls link-ups.

16 comments:

  1. LOL with the boots; a lot of young people probably don't even know that song. Sorry your husband has been sick with the flu; not fun to deal with. I too need to be more grateful than I am at times. Enjoyed reading the answers to get to know more about you.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty. I always enjoy your visit.

      Delete
  2. Oh my stars, I hope your husband feels better fast and stays healthy. There's nothing worse than being "going at both ends" sick. It's the absolute worst. I'm thinking we need a virtual karaoke party, there's so many who've never done it before. We'll look like idiots together. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! I can do virtual karaoke! That would be so fun

      Delete
  3. OK, now I'm really wanting some chips and dip! ;) And I'm right there with you on the cup is half empty, been working on being more positive over the past few years. I have found the book "Shift Happens" to be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see if I can find the book. Thanks for visiting me Krista!

      Delete
  4. Sorry it has been a rough week. Sending prayers for Richard and for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy....it has been a hard week. But I think we are turning the corner

      Delete
  5. I love that song and sing it any time it comes on and I am only 34 and totally know the song - These Boots are Made for Walking is completely classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom has been sick as well. Of course I am not doing her direct care any more but it is still worrisome. Not GI. Nasty skin rash that is growing steadily and spreading. The doc mentioned MRSA as a maybe. Test are still pending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lord. I will send up some prayers for her. MRSA is bad news but lots of people in nursing homes get it

      Delete
  7. Come on boots, get walkin'...
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of these days I will be able to participate. Hopefully my Wednesday will be slow enough to do it this week. I had to book the venue for my "surprise 30th".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is just too busy isn't it. ??surprise 30th??

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!