Sunday, March 23, 2014

Chicken Parmesan.

I am always looking for a new, simple recipe that I think my family will fall in love with. I made this on Saturday night and I am telling you it is a keeper. We had it with mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli with cheese. It was so good. I used just chicken breast, thawed. I found the recipe in March's Woman's Day Magazine that my ex-daughter-in-law gave me for Christmas. Love simple recipes.

Jonny Valiant; Food styling by Frances Boswell; Prop styling by Erin Swift


  • 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
  • 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
  • 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan
  • Kosher salt
  • Pepper
  • 8 small (about 1 1/4 pounds total) chicken cutlets
  • 1 cup(s) marinara sauce
  • 2 ounce(s) part-skim mozzarella, coarsely grated
  • 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper

directions
  1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, beat together the egg and 1 tablespoon water. In a third bowl, combine the panko, parsley, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
  2. Dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg (letting any excess drip off), and finally in the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere; transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
  3. Heat the broiler. Spoon the marinara sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds (and looks!) yummy. Since beef prices have become so ridiculous, we're eating lots more chicken. Love the reference to 'easy' as well! Wishing you a restful eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I hope your evening is good as well

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmm......sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, it was! Even Richard loved it and he has become so picky. Especially about chicken lately!

      Delete
  3. This looks good! I too am always looking for something delicious but simple to make; this looks like it fits the bill!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula .. that does sound very tasty ... and simple as you say. Served with fresh green vegetables .. so good for you .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family loves chicken parm. Will have to try your recipe. On a funny note, when I got to the line that said Dip in Flour; I thought it said Drop on Floor. I was like Whaaaa??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cristy you make me laugh. I love you girl!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!