Friday, February 7, 2014

Write

On Fridays I like to join Lisa-Jo and her friends on Five Minute Fridays. She provides us with a prompt and we write for Five Minutes. She doesn't have many rules. Just write from your heart, be real, for five minutes. And then visit the person who linked up just before you and offer her some encouragement in their comment section. Really, that is her only rule. So hop on over and link up. This week the word is WRITE



Ready, set, go...........

Why do I write? I write for myself. I like to get my feelings out. I sometimes feel that I am holding so much in and it helps me to put things on paper. Or in this case, on my blog. I know that my family and friends read my blog and what I put here are not things that I can often say to them out loud. So I write.

I write to escape. To live in another place. To find the peace that I long for. Escaping the hard times. By doing this it helps me to appreciate the good times. We have good times. Really, we do.

I cannot paint. Or craft. I am not that great of a cook. I am not a photographer. I love to read. And I write. I write what I feel. What I see. It is my therapy. My way to figure out life. It is MINE. A way to express myself. And a way to discover who I am. I write so that my thoughts are preserved. I want my family to have the memories that are in my head. Good or bad. I write. Life is not always rainbows. There is no right or wrong when I write my thoughts. Because they are mine.

STOP

There you go.....now get over to Lisa-Jo Baker's and link up.

8 comments:

  1. Writing helps me figure out life too - and what God wants me to do with it. A lot of my writing has been faith-cheerleading sessions to not give up - and I love, too, what you said - about writing for our families - we need to do that - maybe not for right now - but for later:) So glad you write - and share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I find most important. To leave these words for my family. Not now! But later! When they need them. When they need to know who I was. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I also love to read and write and for a long time didn't think I was good at anything in particular at all. Now I'm realizing God has more in store to use my gifts and talents if I will just say "yes" and do it. Love that you're comfortable sharing on your blog and it helps you work things out - I feel the same way! Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! It does help ME to share on my blog!

      Delete
  3. You pretty much nailed it for me as well. It all began when I was struggling so hard with mom and I felt I had no outlet. The blog really kept me sane for many years. Now that the pressure cooker feeling is much less, the need to sit down and write is less, so my blog posts have spread out - but thankfully, I still do sit and write on occasion. Pretty much for the same reasons - to say what is on my mind, to share with my family and friends and to have a creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think blogging about our care-taking brings out the best and worst in us. But it gets it out and prevents it from building up and that, to me, is what is important.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!