Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Today I am Cleaning House

Well not really cleaning house! That would just take too much energy. But I am going to do some cleaning. I use Feedly as my blog reader and every single day of the year I read 126 Blogs (if they made an entry for the day). And today for some reason I just decided that it is time for me to clean house. Why? Because sometimes reading other women's blogs (and two gents) makes me feel sick. Inferior. Un-worthy. Sad. Incapable. Ugly. Lazy. Slow. Behind-the-times. Are you getting the picture?

I am going to delete everyone of those blogs that makes me feel that way! I don't want to see anymore pictures of perfectly designed and decorated homes. If I need inspiration, I will check on Pinterest. There are plenty of ideas there. So good-bye to all blogs related to decorating. (Except for one. She is my ex-daughter-in-law and I love to read what she is doing to make a home more beautiful for my granddaughter.)




I will keep all of the cooking blogs because that is where I get inspiration to fix meals that are not the same over and over and over- again foods that we usually have. I don't get any answers to "what do you want to have to eat?" anymore, so I need some inspiration from somewhere. I also love Pinterest for this as well.

Mommy-blogs are making me want to puke.(Sorry mommy-blogs, but I speak bluntly). I am a grandmother. I am raising two of my grand kids. And I don't need any motherly advice from a generation of women who want to smother and coddle their kids. If I read one more self-righteous post entitled something like  "I saw you today on your cell phone while your daughter was trying so hard to get your attention" I think I will seek you out and choke the life from your blog. You are not perfect. And I am not perfect. And you should not be sitting in judgement of other mothers. We should support each other. There isn't a book to teach you how to be a mom. And no matter how hard you try, or how right you think you are, sometimes they grow up and become criminals or drug addicts anyway. And I sure don't need to feel like I did something wrong along the way. So good-bye all you mommy know-it-all's.

I will keep the organizing blogs cause I am still seeking a good, easy way to organize my home and there are some blogs that offer good advice. And of course there is Pinterest for this too!

And I will keep blogs that make me laugh. Cause, only God knows, how much I need to laugh. Humor in a post once in awhile is good for all of us. Right? I feel like sometimes all I do is whine and cry about how hard my life is and I want to go out there and find others who feel the same way that I do. Life is hard. And I need to seek out you gals who think so too, but make me laugh about it.

I am going to keep all of my friends. So don't worry Cristy, Wendy, Lisa, Allison, Elaine, Goodnight Gram, Myra, Lisa, and Elena. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I need you guys. You lift me up and keep me going. Even if you didn't realize it! Also you two guys Mr. Snowbrush and Mr. My Daily Disaster I am keeping you guys too. Just because I haven't found too many 'guy' blogs that I enjoy like I do you two. 

There will be a couple of others that I will leave....just because. But I am ready to clean house. Do you ever feel this way? I think if you want to make yourself feel better than sometimes you just need to clean house!

*Update: I went down to 56 blogs and I already feel better! 

19 comments:

  1. You are soooooo right about the Mom's judging other Moms thing. I remember, before I had and raised kids, how I would say to myself "my kid would never get away with that". It didn't take me long to eat those words LOL. But you have to live it before you know that....God bless you Paula for doing it all over again. I do think that grandparents are better at it just because of all the wisdom we gained when our kids acted like kids instead of saints. Happy housecleaning. I am glad you kept me around!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would keep you. Because I know you 'get' what I am going through. Yes, I ate a lot of words that I said before I was a mom. And I have eaten as few as a grandma (Like: I am never going to raise my grandkids, I am just going to be a grandma). But mom's judging other moms just pisses me off. Yep, I feel lots lighter

      Delete
  2. Moms who thought they knew everything always judged others so that is sad. Kids don't come with an instruction manual, I guy told me that one! Take care Paula. Enjoy the heck out of the new Svelt List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Thanks for visiting Zippi. I always love when you come and reply!

      Delete
  3. I did that with newsletters I was receiving--got rid of all but the essential ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really just necessary to do sometimes, itsn't it

      Delete
  4. Lord, I need to do this. I read about 500 feeds. Seriously. I don't read them all every day, especially lately. I usually do a mass read on Saturdays. Read being used loosely here--I skim the headlines and move on by if it doesn't catch me right away....I'm glad you kept me on, even though I haven't been posting much lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would keep you Nurse, you're my bestie! And it felt good to get rid of those blogs that I skim the title of too!

      Delete
  5. Now that's some post your wrote! It made me laugh at your comment about actual house cleaning taking too much work. It made me say uh-huh to the mommy blogs and the perfectly designed home blogs going away, it made me worried when you started naming names of blogs you were keeping, then I worried about the reasons you may have kept mine. Then I laughed out loud when I realized I felt like a pageant contestant who made the first cut. The laughing at myself was fun. Your post made me curious enough to go check the blogs you mentioned. And it made me cheer for you when you said how many blogs you had gotten down to. Good for you. I'm exhausted from your cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kept you cause we have a lot in common. I am glad you felt like a pageant contestant. That made me laugh.

      Delete
  6. I think it was a wise thing to do. I don't have a lot of blogs in my Dashboard through Google, but have a lot in my favorite places and if I have time to read them, I do, if not I don't. Life is much more than blogs. Personally, the decorating blogs just drive my crazy, LOL :)

    good for you for weeding them down!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty....do you blog at A Bench With a View? I think that is where I finally found you

      Delete
  7. Oh my God! I had near heart failure.

    I wanted to be sure that I made the cut! And then I realized that even if I didn't, I would still follow YOU so I stopped fretting about it. And then I thought ... well if she stopped visiting you, that would be bad because she makes you smile when she leaves a comment so maybe fretting is appropriate. And then I thought ... you really need to stop talking to yourself as that is a bad sign. Maybe she will leave your blog because you talk to yourself! *sigh*

    And then I read the list of friends you kept! YEA!! My name WAS on the list - at least I am hoping that the "Elaine" on the list is this Elaine - Retired Knitter. Cripes - am I so shallow? Yes, I guess I am. LOL.

    Anyway, when Google Reader went away, I decided to cull my list of blogs as well. It was a good exercise and it enriched my blog relationships because I actually had the time to develop on line conversations with the regular blogs I visit.

    Like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel Elaine! I can interact better with those who are here if I don't have so many to read. And of course you made the cut. You are another of my blogging friends who knows exactly what I am going through here...and you make me laugh!

      Delete
    2. And laughter really is the only thing that keeps us sane at times.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for not cutting me....even though I haven't really posted in two weeks. I am making up for lost time now. I love humor blogs. I have a couple that I will pass on to you. I am definitely going to go read your guy blogs. Not too many of those. Know it all mommy blogs drive me INSANE!! So do I-am-super-ultra-fitness-girl. I am not looking at blogs that make me feel inferior either. I like to read people who keep things real. I hate when I start on a blog and I am enjoying it and then all of a sudden they are Look-at-what-a-great-mom/decorator/exerciser/all around great person-I-am. Um, no...we are all human and none of us are perfect. I love your blog. I am glad that you visit mine. One day we will meet in person and we can hang out in our yoga pants and tshirts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never cut you girl! We are soul mates. A mother/daughter from another life, I am sure. You nailed it all when you described the blogs. Some I have never followed were those exercise junkies. That is just not my thing!

      Delete
    2. I soooo agree. You are the first blog I read (especially when I need to catch up and slow down). I don't follow exercise junkies either. I have stopped following a couple of the "I am too big for my britches" blogs (one of my absolute favorite sayings...haha).

      Delete
    3. I've made my list so small that sometimes now I am bored :o

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!