Friday, February 14, 2014

The Story of an Old Father, His Son and the Sparrow...



I have a new blogging friend who blogs at Goodnight Gram's Blog. Tonight I was at her blog reading some old posts of hers (I like to do that to better get to know my new friends) when I came across a post that referred to this You Tube Video. I can guarantee you that a tear or two might have fallen from my eyes. And Wendy, my friend from A Day in the Life on the Farm, I thought about you and your mom. Sometimes these lessons can come back to haunt us. Tonight Richard will get some extra good-night kisses......

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is powerful! Makes you want to go the extra distance when dealing with someone who is dealing with dementia or other memory issues.

    thanks for sharing it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, powerful. Almost makes me ashamed of how irritated I get when he asks questions over and over and over.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Wendy, I immediately thought of you and your mother. I go through the same with Richard. Now I will just think...sparrow!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh! I am so glad you found that video link. It's a really good lesson, isn't it? GG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good lesson for those of us who deal with people who have dementia

      Delete
  4. Tears! I wish I'd seen this when my own mother was struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives us such a different perspective doesn't it? Today at my house when I became frustrated I would just whisper "sparrow" and have to smile

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!