Thursday, February 13, 2014

The 'crazies' are here

I never know what will bring about the night 'crazies', as I call them. Our day can go along beautifully. Richard can be oriented and peaceful and then WHAM...the crazies come out.

Tonight is one of those nights. We went through the entire routine leading up to bedtime. We soaked his foot. His toe doesn't look like it is getting any better. We will see what the Hospice nurse thinks on Friday. She was supposed to come today but I had to cancel. A certain teenage girl, who lives here, forgot to tell me she had a detention (for being late to class) and would miss her bus ride home. This meant that grandma had to pick her up. Right at the same time that we had scheduled our Hospice visit. Anyway, I am a bit off track. He had his ice cream and then his sleeping pill and other bedtime pills. Got him all tucked into bed and kissed good-night.

Then.........."honey, my pants are up the crack of my ass." This from a man, who before his stroke, never said any cuss words. So I went and fixed his pj's for him. And kissed him good night!

Then.........."honey, that tube has come out of my penis." So I get up and check and reassure him that the catheter is right where it needs to be. And kissed him good-night.

Then........."honey, I know I am being a pain but why is that white car in the driveway?" Now we haven't had any kind of car in our driveway for more than a week because we have about 13 inches of wet, heavy snow in that driveway. And it is pitch black outside. And there is NOT a white car in the driveway. And I reassured him and kissed him good night.

Then........."honey!" What now???? I just wanted to tell you that you haven't kissed me good night.....

Please, dear Lord, don't let this go on all night. I have to get to bed now. And kiss him good night....again!

16 comments:

  1. To use some words from your post 'True Love', he may not have known you kissed him goodnight, but you know you kissed him goodnight . . . several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I sometimes relate a bit to that very post.

      Delete
  2. It's sweet that his kiss goodnight is so imprinted on him. :-) Even if it is tough to deal with the crazies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! Sweet? Yes, it is. But can be very aggravating. And then I feel guilty if I yap at him for only wanting a good night kiss. Sigh

      Delete
  3. Well....Why didn't you kiss him good night?? What is wrong with you?? You must be losing it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you would have thought I would just get up and go kiss him so he would go to sleep! LOL

      Delete
  4. You remember all those extra kisses, and hopefully he actually does, too, somewhere deep inside where his angel lives. I know this is hard. Sending HUGS for you. No kisses, just Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope eventually it was all quiet at your house and you got a good night sleep and tonight won't be a repat of last night!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually settles down when the pills kick in. Thank you Betty

      Delete
  6. Aww... That is so cute. Give him special kisses today. It is after all Valentine's Day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valentines hugs for him! Welcome on board AZ and the theme reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same to you. Looking forward to it

      Delete
  8. It's almost the equivalent of a little kid wanting "a drink of water", or "the monsters under the bed, gone". Sometimes it just happens. Love you and big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Cristy! I need the big hugs....love you too!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!