Monday, February 3, 2014

Talk About Crazy!

I am convinced that I live in a crazy place. The weathermen are predicting a big winter storm for us. It is supposed to start snowing tonight and throughout tomorrow and by Wednesday morning they are saying we could have between 4 and 9 inches of snow on the ground. Well, I am a firm believer that people should prepare for what they are predicting. So I made a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and bread and a few other necessities. I also made a run to the liquor store (first time in years) and bought a couple bottles of wine and a bottle of amaretto. And I filled my car up with gas. But while I was at the grocery store my phone went off to announce that they have cancelled all schools in our area for tomorrow.

What???? There isn't even a flake of snowing flying yet. And what is four inches? Not that hard to get around in. But, hey, better to be safe than sorry. Right?


10 comments:

  1. My grandchildren just had a full week off for three inches of snow Paula! Now truthfully some of those mornings the temp dipped to zero so that could have been why. They thought it was great.

    Just remember this comment when I write something about them squawking that their Easter vacation will most likely be taken away to make up for all those snow days!! I agree however better safe then sorry. I also know that accidents and kids freezing on buses aren't something anyone wants to risk. Not only that, they do not play well on the news and I think school systems are well aware of that fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think it's kind of crazy to cancel school before a flake is even flying. We aren't having those freezing cold temps here that we had last week. It is 37* right now. I understand if if was below zero. We don't get much of an Easter break this year anyway cause our schools last day is April 29 due to continuing construction issues.

      Delete
    2. It is crazy. I never remember kids getting this many snow days. They are still going to be in school in July to make up all the time they are missing!

      Delete
    3. This is our first snow day. And even if they are out all week our school will stop on April 29th. We passed a multi-millon dollar bond issue a couple of years ago and all schools are under contruction. They HAVE to finish this summer. So, they will take away their very shortened spring break and go on Saturdays.

      Delete
  2. They didn't want an Atlanta situation on their hands!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live on top of some of the biggest salt mines in the country. We won't ever have an Atlanta situation in our city!

      Delete
  3. Okay, the liquor store stop made me laugh out loud. I have never thought of making that stop in preparation for a snow day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and that tall glass of wine I had last night was sure good. Looking forward to another one here pretty soon with my bowl of chili

      Delete
  4. Ugh! The weathermen were wrong for us. They had us all expecting a couple of snow days this week and all it is is bitter cold. It sucks having to get out of my nice warmish house and into the freezing cold.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!