Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

(click the icon to play along)

Fifteen Meme

What was your first job like?  I babysit around the age of 12. And my first real job as a waitress.

It’s a typical Sunday, how are you spending it?  Like every
other day of the week. Sunday's are no different.

What was the happiest day of your life?  The day that I graduated from nursing school. It had been a long, hard battle.

What was the best decision you ever made? To marry Richard

Tell your go-to “pretend” game as a child (who was your alter-ego?) I don't remember ever playing make-believe as a child. 

What email service do you use? Cox

What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of? The Good Wife

Do you use anything on your lips? (eg. Chapstick, gloss, balm, lipstick) nothing on a regular basis...chapstick or balm if needed

How many devices do you own which can access the internet?  3

Last strong smell you can remember smelling? We had a skunk near the other night. Smell was really bad. I put Vicks in my nose to get rid of the skunk smell.


If you had to move your birthday to another date, which one would you choose and why?  I can't think of a reason to change the day that it is.

Inspiration behind your blog title?  It used to be Paula's Place and i shared smidgens, snippets, and bits of my life, so I just changed the name to that.

If you could spend a rainy day with anyone in the world, who would you choose and why?  Richard, because he needs me.

Is there a foreign culture that you love? There are several that fascinate me: French, Italian, Spanish

Do you have a favorite soft drink?  Pepsi or coke!

14 comments:

  1. We have a lot of nurses in my family. I'm sure they'd agree with your happiest moment answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skunk is the worst! A friend's dog recently got sprayed by a skunk and then came running into the house straight through the screendoor--they're still trying to get the smell out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my.....that dog might have been murdered at my house!

      Delete
  3. I am one of those weird people who, for some reason, don't mind the smell of skunk. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww! Well, we are all different somehow! Thanks for visiting me todya

      Delete
  4. Love these sorts of memes and learning more about my bloggy friends! Hope to get off my lazy tuffet soon and resume blogging ... this sounds like a really enjoyable exercise.

    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use Vick's to mask the scent of skunk. I hope I remember that when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Vick's a lot to mask the smell of many things. I like the smell of Vick's!

      Delete
  6. "What was the best decision you ever made? To marry Richard"

    I wonder what percentage of people can say that about their spouses.

    "I don't remember ever playing make-believe as a child. "

    I had never imagined that such a thing was possible, and I would love to know more about it. For instance, did you know at least role-play with other children? Were you so happy as a child that you felt no need to escape? Do think of yourself as creative? Do you see this as something that you share with many other people?

    "If you could spend a rainy day with anyone in the world, who would you choose and why? Richard, because he needs me."

    What would your answer be if he didn't need you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Snow you want me to THINK about these answers? I don't know what percentage would say that about their spouse but it was the best decision for me. And no my childhood was not so happy that I didn't feel the need to escape. My childhood sucked! My dad committed suicide and my grandmother never let us pretend for one moment that it didn't happen. I didn't know HOW to escape or you can bet I would have. I just don't remember ever playing make believe. My answer may be different if he didn't need me right now. I might chose to spend the rainy day ALONE....

      Delete
  7. I forgot about babysitting being my first 'job'. Ugh...skunk! I love the smell of vicks. It always takes me back to memories with my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us girls started off babysitting. I like the smell of Vick's as well. Thank goodness it DOESN'T remind me of my grandma. That smell belongs to LYSOL....yucky

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!