Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Letters



Does anyone else find it really hard to believe that we are only a week away from the end of February? Weren't we all just writing about Christmas? I swear time just keeps speeding up and speeding up. We are not even slowing down for the curves in the road.

Time to write a few letters:

Dear Mother Nature: Thank you so very much for the brief respite you gave us this week. To actually have a day where it was almost 70* gave me so much HOPE. I am not crazy enough to believe that you are through with throwing some winter our way, but it really helped to have a couple of days of beautiful sunshine and no snow! All of the 14 inches are gone. And thank goodness so are the ice dams.

Dear Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics: What a week this has been. It was awesome to see Ted Ligety win the men's giant slalom. The first time a non-European wins Gold in this sport. My heart melted as Meryl Davis and Charlie White won ice dance gold. Skating together for 17 years! The deserved it. And I was so proud for Adelina Sotnikova from Russia as she skated beautifully to become the first Russian to win gold in women's figure skating. Her emotional reaction touched my heart. I would have loved to have seen an American victory but Adelina deserved the medal. I felt the pain of the American women as they lost in hockey today to the Canadians. But those Canadian women have much to be proud of.

Dear NBC TV: I don't like that you are not showing the medal ceremonies this year.At least air the ones that America wins. You are, after-all an American TV station. That was always a highlight for me to watch the medal ceremonies.


Dear Dean at Cox TV: Thank you for listening to my complaints about my cable bill and helping me find a way to make it a bit less. I won't save tons of money, but every little bit helps. And you are right, you aren't a bit like Verizon. Verizon didn't give a hoot about my circumstances when I tried to lower my bill.

Love,

Paula


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy...they are fun! Now I need to work on my Friday writing assignment

      Delete
  2. Nice that the cable company listened to you and tried to help you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did help. Cut my bill by more than $30.00

      Delete
  3. Cute letters; glad you got a bit of warm weather! That is a shame they aren't doing the medal ceremonies, I would always tear up when the medals were presented, especially for Americans. Glad too with the reduction in your cable bill. I have to say in defense of Verizon for their phone service, every time I've contacted them about bills, they have more than generously helped us to reduce them, even when things have been our fault (like when I switched son's phone to our account and didn't set up a plan for him and we got charged every single text message he did, Verizon reduced them all, took the bill down several hunder dollars :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! Probably a different set of circumstances with Verizon than what I was trying to get them to do. Can't help but ask. I still have Verizon but only because they have the best coverage in our area. They are also the most expensive out of all the mobile phone carriers

      Delete
  4. Another Olympic fan! Great. It's always so sad when it's over though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was doubly sad for us because our cable TV went off right in the middle of the closing ceremonies and didn't come back on for 3 hours!! Grr....

      Delete
    2. I too have a sad Olympic story. An ice storm took our electricity out for five days soon after the Olympics started, so we missed every one of those days.

      Delete
    3. Yikes! that happened to us a few years back and I haven't yet recovered from living with electricity for more than 7 days.

      Delete
  5. I have good things to say about the cox customer service in our area too. They also worked with us (even connected us back to the same girl the next day) and helped us figure out how to lower our bill. We switched to cox for that very reason from ATT Uverse (who didn't want to work with us at all). Our latest guy was Dave from Cox. I even joked with him about that Dave from State Farm commercials and asked if he was wearing khakis.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!