Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Finish This



click to join the link party

I have been in a slump lately and just haven't felt much like "putting it all out there" if you know what I mean! But I like doing Finish This cause I don't have to think very hard and I can just let the prompts lead me. So here goes:



1. I plan on buying...my current list of what I plan on buying includes: an electric blanket for Richard's hospital bed. I am tired of putting 6 blankets on him (and he is particular about how they are put on) so I am going to try an electric blanket. I also need to get something called "Outgrow" to put on Richard's toenail and some more Epsom Salts to soak his foot. The Hospice nurse is going to bring along some powder that is called arglaes powder. We'll see if this will cure the infected toe. So far nothing else has worked. I think we are experimenting. Nothing much else that I am planning on buying. Boring, huh?

2. I give myself five stars because: I feel like it. Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit for what I do. Taking care of Richard as well as two teenage grands is not an easy job. So here you go self: *****

3. I felt courageous when...I do something I haven't done before and it turns out okay. When I hear noises in the night that jerk me out of my sleep and a cold chill spreads across my body I am the one who gets up to see what caused the noise. That is courageous. I used to make Richard go check it out. I have even been known to grab my big, black flashlight and go outside in the middle of the night. I walk around the house and see what is going on. Yes, might be crazy, but I have done it a few times. And I wouldn't be afraid to slug someone with this thing.




4. I feel about swimsuit shopping like I do...about picking out a casket. Not only is that something that I don't want to do, but it is something that I am not going to do! Got swimsuit shopping or pick out a casket! Richard and I both want to be cremated and scattered so there will not even be a urn sitting around this house. Just not my thing. And if I should find myself needing a swimsuit I will buy one on-line and pray that it fits. I have NO delusions that I will look like the person who models it.


Now if you find this fun and want to join along hop on over to Becky, Jen, Lisa, or Nicole's blogs and join the linky party. 

18 comments:

  1. I think I would rather take a hit with that flashlight of yours than clothes shop lol But seriously that does look like a good weapon, I need to get me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good weapon.....I don't like to clothes shop either

      Delete
  2. Maybe an alarm system would be helpful. Going out in the dark looking for the source of a noise is not really a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too cheap for an alarm system. I really buy into the belief that if it is my time, then it is my time!

      Delete
  3. Mom had an infected ingrown toe recently. Assisted living put her on an antibiotic, had a doctor come in and trim as much of the nail as possible and used an anti sceptic solution on it, plus soaking with espy salts. It took weeks to clear up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what we are working on. Except he has diabetes so we aren't going to let anyone cut on his toes

      Delete
  4. Good luck to you and your endeavours.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness you deserve those 5 stars! Caregivers are ANGELS, thanks for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista. There are days when I earn everyone of them!

      Delete
  6. Girl, if I were drinking a glass of milk, I think some of it would've spurted out my schnoz at your swimsuit remark. Like most folk in Arizona, we've a pool out back - but I've not bothered to get in for the last several years ... still waiting for those old 'bathing costumes' to make their reappearance - lol!
    It is just me, or does it seem feeling self-conscious in a bathing suit is something reserved for the female of the species?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is just a female thing. No one ever discusses men and their big pot guts the way they talk about women do they?

      Delete
  7. I wonder what it is about swimsuit shopping since you could try it on the dressing room and look in the mirror in there, all in complete privacy....Since you prefer to order online, does this mean that you wouldn't look at yourself in the mirror once the suit arrived?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about dressing rooms that make you look different than at home. At home makes you look more like you will in public. I don't want to see five of me staring back at myself in a dressing room. I don't know if I could ever explain this to a guy! :)

      Delete
    2. I buy clothes at Goodwill, and there is only one mirror, so maybe that makes it easier.

      Delete
    3. That would be better. But I am NOT buying a swim suit at Goodwill!!!

      Delete
  8. I do find this fun, I think I will participate this week. I totally agree with you on swimsuit shopping. I have needed one in the last few years. I ordered one online and luckily it fit and hid everything pretty well. I don't think you give yourself enough credit either. I give you 5 stars all the time!! Electric blankets are a huge asset in our house. We love ours. Now I don't have to have 6 blankets on the bed. My side only has 3 now. Hubby's only has two...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to have you join Finish This.....

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!