Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Finish This

Every Wednesday these three ladies host a link-up called "Finish This..." They provide the prompts and we just finish the sentence. Go visit Nicole at Three 31 and join the link.





Prompts for Week Five


1. I will never outgrow...my love of reading. I have been reading for almost as long as I can remember. I love to read anything. Newspapers, magazines, books. I read mostly at night now. Just before I go to sleep. I used to read more. But my days are busy taking care of Richard so I don't read as much. When he naps I try to read the paper. But at night I grab my Nook Color and read a bit before I go to sleep. This year one of my goals has been to read the Bible in a year. I am ahead of the schedule for now. And I am very much enjoying it. I am reading in chronological order this time around. 

2. I splurge on...a smartphone. I stay home 90% of the time so I don't really need a smartphone or the bill that goes with it. But I like having one. So I splurged. And it gives me something to occupy me when I am waiting for kids to get out of activities. But I could survive with a simple, old-style flip phone.


3. My worst habit is...bitching. There! Now you know. Sometimes I don't have a good reason to bitch. I just bitch. Maybe just to hear my own voice. Mostly I bitch at the kids about stuff they do more don't do. Sometimes I bitch at Richard. And then I feel bad. I need to work on this bitching thing.

4. My passport represents...years gone by. My passport expired and I did not renew it. I got it in 1995. Before we took our first trip out of America. And it has been everywhere. It has lots of stamps. And it represents memories of good times with Richard. Maybe one day I will want another passport. But for now it is okay that it is expired.


5. My most ridiculous fear is...I am not even going to pretend that I believe this is a ridiculous fear. But I am down-right terrified of mice. I am not even kidding here. If I see a mouse (even on TV) I will have nightmares. If I think there is one in my house I cannot sleep. I have stuffed so much steel wool in every tiny nook and cranny in this house that my husband used to say a magnet flying over us could lift the house right off the foundation. They are creepy. And sneaky. And dirty. And eek....scary! I sure hope writing about them doesn't haunt me later.  

6. My favorite thing to give is...love! I give my family all of my love. I lovingly (and bitchingly (is that even a word?) take care of Richard and the two teen grandchildren that live with us. From sun up until sun-down, I take care of them. With love! So there....

26 comments:

  1. Hey Paula, you have some really great responses here! Eeek, I might screen bloody murder if I saw mice too. Ewww!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I do scream bloody murder. Thank Goodness we haven't had one in the house for years!

      Delete
  2. I love to Read too. It relaxes me after a long day. I also love your favorite thing to give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogs is something I have started reading a lot of as well.

      Delete
  3. Love is the greatest of all gifts. Your family is very blessed to have you loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to give, your love! I think you have the perfect answer for this question!!
    And yes, to be honest I should have said my worst habit is bitching too, but I didn't even think of it as it is so ingrained in me. Actually I think it was one of my New Year's Resolutions this year to stop bitching about everything. As the saying goes, change it or accept it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes bitching is just a good way to relieve stress...but I think it might stress out those who I am bitching at. So it is a vicious circle.

      Delete
  5. I have a great love of reading as well. I finally finished the Harry Potter series. Now on to the next one. I love my smartphone. It works for me a lot. I also have a habit of bitching (and not being able to forgive easily). I love that you have a passport, even if it is expired. We need to get one. Mice I don't mind...birds on the other hand...uh no. I love that you love to give love. You are an awesome person and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristy I can always count on you to lift me up!

      Delete
  6. I sent you an email. I hope the email address shown when you leave comments is still accurate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got your email. Sent you a reply. I have moved on!!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by to say hello on my blog earlier today. I don't have a fear of mice but I do agree - they sure are CREEPY little things for sure! :) Have a great rest of the week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the rest of your week is great, as well!

      Delete
  8. Reading is such a great answer and one I totally agree with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't read!

      Delete
  9. I think you are brave to post the honest answers that you did! That doesn't mean I lie. It means I would probably just skip #4 and #5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I have always believed in is honesty! This blog is like a journal to me. I don't mind that people know I am afraid of mice

      Delete
  10. I'm with you on the smart phones! We originally broke down and get iPhones when my husband was deploying to Afghanistan so that we could facetime and iMessage. They are such soul sucking devices, but now I fear I couldn't live without it! We have to go a few days (week!?!?!?!) without them when we move to Okinawa this summer and my world is already crumbling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how attached we get to them isn't it?

      Delete
  11. I appreciate your proclamation for never outgrowing reading. I am trying to spend so much more time with it before I grow old and lose my eyesight and have to listen to books on tape or worse, tv shows.

    I'm glad you're enjoying reading the Bible in a year. I've done it twice and see it happening in 2015 or 2016 again, hoping to have more knowledge and spiritual growth to have it stick the next time I read it in that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my 3rd time. But it is my first time to read it in chronological order!

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful set of answers. We are so alike in many ways - but the passport answer was different. I had a passport once and it never got even one punch ANYWHERE. I have never been out of the country - unless you count the time we passed through Canada in a tour bus to get to Alaska. I don't think that counts.

    Our passports expired. I doubt I will ever see any more of the world than where I live. Unless there are some very unpleasant changes in my life ... I will have to be happy with the tiny portion of the world I live in right now.

    I am working on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we traveled when we were able to with Richard. It was always his 'thing' and we got plenty of trips in. I am happy to be a homebody now!

      Delete
  13. My passport is expired too. Its a bit fun to have it as another season, something to look forward to doing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Hope you get another one and get to do lots of traveling. I think my travel days are over

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!