Saturday, February 1, 2014

February Goals




Well January flew by. Don't you think? I am looking back today to see how I made out with my Goals for 2014 and how I broke them down for January and we will then see how things go for February. Gosh, I cannot believe that it is alread February....

ORGANIZE MY HOME
 January
   Start with the Christmas things -done
   Organize papers in desk and around the house-I did get the top of the desk organized and I am doing very good with trashing the junk that comes in the mail and home from school immediately. 

  FEBRUARY
    Organize kitchen cabinets
    Clean out laundry room closet

FREEZER COOKING
  January
    Find 10 recipes-I found 10 easily
    Make 10 freezer meals-I didn't make any to put in the freezer. We ate them when I made them.

   FEBRUARY
     Make waffles, Quesadillas, Breakfast burritos for the freezer

SET UP A FAMILY BUDGET
   JANUARY
      Get it all on the spreadsheet-done

   FEBRUARY
      Assign $ amounts to how much I want to spend in each area

USE MORE COUPONS
   JANUARY
      Figure out how to use my smartphone to use more coupons-done. I now have both Dillon's (our local grocery store) and Retailmenot.com set up and have been using them.

   FEBRUARY
      Organize my paper coupons and clean out the outdated ones.

USING MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT MORE WISELY
   JANUARY
      Learn how to transfer savings to my account and the kids account. I did not do this.
   FEBRUARY
      Continue to work on this in February

USE HOSPICE BETTER
   JANUARY
      Have a health aide help me once a week. This was a miserable failure. I am not sure I want to try again. It took a lot for me to ask and then except for the first week she tried changing my appointment every time. I am pretty structured in my time so this didn't do anything but cause me more stress. I will have to continue to work on this. But the health aid is currently on hold.
   FEBRUARY
       I don't yet know what I want to do with this goal.

WEIGHT LOSS/EXERCISE
   JANUARY
       fix three healthy meals a week-did pretty good with this one
        walk around the block 2 times a week-ha! ha! ha!. In this cold weather that just ain't going to happen.

   FEBRUARY
       Continue trying to achieve the beginning goals.

FORGIVE MYSELF
   JANUARY
     Tell myself everyday that I can't do it all!-this wasn't hard. I told myself that everyday. I don't know that I forgave myself. 

   FEBRUARY
      Keep working on this one!

WORRY LESS, LOVE MORE
    Life is too short to worry about the future. Enjoy everyday that you have. Live in the moment....still my motto. Hard to not worry. But I am trying!!

  

12 comments:

  1. I think it's great you break the goals down into more manageable chunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the only way that I could do it. Making goals for a whole year is too over-whelming to me

      Delete
  2. Keep on plugging away Paula...that is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, how it is with walking in this weather. I said three weeks ago that I was going to start taking the kids for a walk at least once a week, and we haven't gone out yet! It's freezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not that crazy about exercising so this goal is always the easy one to put off

      Delete
  4. I did some goals for February on my blog as well. Great minds!! I didn't think of it in January - although I had some floating around in my mind. "In my mind" means it usually doesn't happen - at least for me. Although I did get a major room shift done in 3 rooms. So to avoid the "in my mind" trap, announcing them to the blog world in writing may work better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! i enjoyed reading your February goals. What a great way to make things seem less overwhelming

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am getting ready to do my "how I did, what I need to work on" post too. All in all I say you had a successful month.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!