Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cabin Fever Cure

The 'sweet' old man who lives at my house has been cooped up too long. I can't remember the last time that I took him out for a drive. So he was starting to look like the gent off to the left here. Today, here in Kansas, we reached temperatures in the upper 60's. I think it was 69* actually. So after Harley came home from school we loaded Papa into the car (no small feat) and took him out for a ride. Now, I am pretty sure there isn't anything in 'bloom' or any dust hanging around in the air, but ever since we got back home he has coughed, hacked, and sneezed until I am having day-dreams about smothering him. Not really! I am just kidding. Don't call the police on me. It's a joke. He really enjoyed the ride. But I can't figure out what has brought on this allergy-like attack. I have him medicated up really good and he is in his chair snoring right now. Think I will just cover him up good and leave him be for the night......Sometimes when you cure one thing (cabin fever) you end up with something else. 

8 comments:

  1. My mom has sneezing fits whenever she is in direct sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he was allergic to fresh air? I bet he enjoyed the outing though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He enjoyed it very much. And he seems better this morning! Maybe it was all that fresh air!

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to go on an outing. I hope the sneezing/wheezing/coughing stops soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is much better this morning. Thanks Allison

      Delete
  4. I know with our warm up came a lot of wind...maybe it stirred up something. Glad to hear it was a good outing and he is snoozing now. I think it was probably good for your soul too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His coughing is never good for my soul! But getting him out of the house is

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!