Friday, January 17, 2014

Where To Find My Encouragment

I loved writing my Five-Minute Friday last week and I find myself there again today. I still need to go over and see what the word prompt is, but I thought I would get the post set up first, and then just start my five minutes of un-edited, not over-thinking and no going back to pretty up the post, thoughts on paper. Because that is the rules. Oh, and you HAVE to visit the person who posted before you and comment on their Five Minute Friday post.


So I am getting ready to set the timer....find the word...and give you my five minutes.

The Word for this week is ENCOURAGEMENT!


Ready, set, here we go..


Where I am, right now, in this moment, I need your encouragement. There I said it! It is not easy for me to ask for help. People who know me really well know that about me. I think I can do this all on my own. But the longer that this goes on the more that I am finding out that I can't do it all alone. 

I am thankful for the family I have that is offering me encouragement as I walk this lonely path of caring for my loved one. I long for the family that is not here. On good days we have each other, but when it is a bad day, then it is only me. But, wait, is part of that my own fault? Maybe, it is because I don't reach out. Maybe I like wallowing in self-pity. Sometimes I think that I need to show the world what a strong person I am and that I can do it all by myself.

But I cherish all the kind words of encouragement that I receive along the way. And the touches and hugs. Those are the best. When people let me know that they have a little inkling of what I am going through, but don't know exactly, because we all walk a different path no matter how similar. I am happy to have my blog. I can write about my true feelings here. And you, my readers, have been a big source of encouragement as I trudge the rough roads of  this long and arduous journey. I wish I could thank you each personally but my five minutes just ended.....

Stop

Now I have to admit that I went back and cleaned up this piece. For some reason I can't spell the word encouragement correctly the first time I type it...Go over to Lisa-Jo Baker's Blog and join us in Five Minute Friday.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, while I was posting the link to my post for today's 5 minutes, you posted yours. So I'm here to share with you as we're supposed to do. I have never been in your situation but I watched my brother care for his wife for such a long time, and I remember him talking about the aloneness he felt when it wasn't a good day. If I may, I'll pray for you and lend you what encouragement I'm capable of giving. Hang in there, sister -- God is with you and I'm here too. I'll be following your blog from now in hopes of knowing how specifically to pray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind to post these wonderful words of encouragement to me. And I know that praying helps. It is not the caregiving that is so hard....it is the 'longness' of the situation! Once again thank you

      Delete
  2. not knowing your story as this is the first time I've been here... be encouraged. God will give you the strength to complete the journey he has set you on. :)

    Annette @ A Net in Time (http://anetintimeschooling.weebly.com/a-net-in-time-blog.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette for your visit and for your words!

      Delete
  3. lol. Not editing is hard. :) So is being real and asking for help. It gets easier though.. keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder, sometimes, if it will get easier. But I do...keep going! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  4. May I offer you encouragement today by reminding you of what a great job you do each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! You give me encouragement each and every day. And I want you to know how much I appreciate you my friend!

      Delete
  5. Paula - having "known" you for almost a year, I want you to know I am ALWAYS here. I don't know first hand what you are going through, but I have watched both my husband and my mom be in the caregiver roles. Both had a lot of help though. But, because they had that help; they often felt guilty that they weren't strong enough to do it on their own. No one is. You don't have to be strong all of the time. No one can be. You are doing the best you can in your situation, because it is just that...Yours. Just know that Richard and you are in my prayers daily. What makes you strong in my eyes is your commitment to your wedding vows...you do not know how much I have clung to that over the past couple of months (something I need to write you a long email about). You have encouraged me so much and I truly love and appreciate you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristy! I know that you are here for me. And I am here for you. It is just that the sucky sh** sometimes is hard and you don't want to go on and and on and whine about it. And there are days that being strong isn't what I want to do either...write me any time

      Delete
    2. Sometimes being strong sucks! People expect a lot out of you. Some days all you want to do is kick and scream, or cry, or just sleep for longer than a few hours. Love you..

      Delete
    3. I don't know if it is so much what people expect out of me...but what I expect out of myself!

      Delete
  6. I admire bloggers like you, who can write publicly about what is going on in their lives. That kind of personal chronicling has been out of my comfort zone for some time, but reading what you and others grapple with and how you cope is a source of encouragement for me in my own life. Thought you should know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling me. I write as a way of venting as well as the way to document the journey for my family!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!