For some reason, I can't put my finger on why, yesterday was a good day and I am feeling more hopeful. I have been rather down in the dumps but right this moment I feel like maybe there is hope! You know how much I love using the word: HOPE
Ten Reasons I am Feeling More Hopeful
- Richard had a really good day on Monday. He seemed stronger. He ate well. He slept very little. His mood was good. This will always give me a bit of hope.
- I took a good, long nap yesterday afternoon. Woke up feeling like I could take on the world.
- Got a wonderful text message from my youngest son that brought tears to my eyes while I was grocery shopping. He is the best son a mother could ever ask for.
- While shopping at Dollar General, to get Harley some folders for school, I was looking through their 70% off Christmas decorations, and found a silver, ceramic tea-light candle holder that says HOPE! You can click on my Instagram up there in the right-hand corner for a picture of it. I was almost delirious to get it for $1.20. It is my word for 2014.
- The kids were out of school Monday for a Professional Day(really, for Martin Luther Kind Day, but for some reason they never call it that) and they were both pretty awesome all day long. Any mother/grandmothers likes that. Right?
- I finally made the decision and upgraded all of our cell phones last night! I have been going back and forth and back and forth, questioning, then second-guessing myself for moths on this. When Richard asked me what I wanted for Christmas I said a new cell phone. And the kids both have birthdays coming very soon, so I upgraded all three phones. It will be all right. Gulp! Swallow! Harley has been using her papa's old flip phone and she is a texting maniac so I know she will be over-the-top with an actual slide out keyboard. And this will be Darian's first smartphone. I think Harley is still a bit young for a smartphone.Plus she got an Ipod Touch 5 for Christmas. But he will be 16. Time to either become very familiar with parental controls or learn to trust him. Do your kids have smartphones?
- Grocery shopping was nice! The store wasn't crowded. Harley was home with Papa. Darian was at Scouts. I didn't feel rushed. And it just felt good to be out and about.
- The weather has been beautiful here. Up into the high 50's yesterday. Good weather always gives me hope.
- I am doing really good with 2014 goals for January.
- I am right on track for 'reading the Bible in a year'
How about you? Are you feeling hopeful? I am linking up with Many Little Blessings on List It Tuesday. Come on and join us, won't you?