Thursday, January 2, 2014

My 2014 Goals





I don't make resolutions for the new year! I don't make promises to myself and then feel horrible if I fall off the wagon by mid-February. But I do have some goals for this next year. They should be easily attainable if I just take a step at a time and break each goal down into baby steps. That is my plan. Now here are my goals:


Goals for 2014

Organize my home
  January goals
  Start with the Christmas things
  Organize papers in desk and around house

Freezer Cooking
  January goals
  Find recipes for 10 freezer meals
  Make 10 freezer meals

Set up a family budget
  January goal
  Get it all on the spread sheet

Use more coupons
   January goal
   Figure out how to set my smartphone up to    use coupons. (Paige can help me)

  

Using my savings account more wisely
   January goal
   Learn how to transfer funds to my savings and the kids college accounts online 
    
Use Hospice better
   January goal
   Have a health aide help me once a week

Weight Loss/Exercise
   January goal
   fix 3 healthy meals a week
   walk around the block 2 times a week

Forgive myself
   January goal
   Tell myself everyday that I can't do it all!!!        

Worry Less, Love More
    January goal
    My motto will be: "Life is too short to worry about the future. Enjoy everyday that you have. Live in the moment.:      

There you go. These may be lofty goals for me, but I think, with baby steps, I will be successful. I will come back at the beginning of each month and decide what I will do for that month. And I might even let you know how I did the previous month. But remember, I will be forgiving myself everyday!

What goals have you made for yourself this year?


    
    
  
   
   

6 comments:

  1. Great goals and great idea to work in the forgiveness thing. We are always way too hard on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth. I talk to Harley (my 13 year old grand- daughter daily about self talk and put downs and then do it myself. I have to work on that forgiving myself.

      Delete
  2. Your goals are awesome!! I don't make resolutions either. I just got finished doing a similar post to hold myself accountable. I need to use my phone more for coupons. I forget though. Forgiving yourself is probably going to be the hardest thing. I know it is for me. I am also trying to worry less (some days are better than others).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am horrible horrible horrible with the worry thing. Hell, I worry about people I don't even know or care about, I worry about things I can't do a thing about. Sometimes I think I worry just to worry. And yep, forgiving is going to be the hardest goal of all

      Delete
  3. Have you ever visited www.onceamonthmom.com? She used to offer her services free, but she still provides a menu with links to recipes. You may find some good ideas there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check her out. Thanks Flora

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!