Monday, January 6, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

With the holidays now behind us, I can get back to menu planning. We had so many left-overs to eat that I didn't even try to follow a plan. We just ate what was in the fridge. But now I am ready to accomplish a couple of goals that I have set for myself. And with Menu Plan Monday I can accomplish one (freezer cooking) and two (budget concerns) in one week. So here we go with my plan for this week.



January 6-12

Monday

Ham and Beans
Corn muffins


Tuesday


Wednesday


Thursday

Happy Birthday Richard

Both kids have sporting events
away from home so we will 'wing it'.
Probably order take-out if he is
up to that!

Friday


Saturday

We will celebrate Richard's birthday


Sunday

Baked potatoes
Brussels sprouts

On this weeks menu there are 5 freezer-cooking recipes that I have not tried. This means that I have half-way met my January goal of 10 freezer recipes made and put in the freezer. Wish me luck!! I will make enough for our meal and another one to freeze. I'll let you know how that turns out. We have eaten similar recipes so I am not too worried that no one will eat them. And I can always take them to the neighbor or someone who needs a day off from cooking. What you you planning this week?

I am linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie.





6 comments:

  1. I think I will try out a couple of those meals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having some meals in the freezer will help to decrease my stress some and give me some HOPE!

      Delete
  2. I also started my menu planning this week too. We are celebrating my birthday on Saturday as well. My daughter is in play rehearsals all this week, so I have to cook meals at different times. Hubby is loving it because he is getting all his favorites that Elexis doesn't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you blogging your menus? I will hop over and check it out!

      Delete
  3. I seriously need to get back to menu planning and freezer cooking. They make life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my plan....I need to find something in my life easier right now!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!