Thursday, January 9, 2014

Let the Organization Begin!

I am finally organizing my Christmas decorations. And this is one of the best tips I have ever used for Christmas organization. I found this on Pinterest. You can just lose yourself for days there, can't you. Look over on my right side bar and you will see that I figured out how to put that little P button there which will take you right to my boards and pins. I have lots...I pin lots and then I go back and organize them and get rid of any that don't actually link up with something. Like this picture here...but I figured it out all alone.

We have a bunch of these cups from previous class reunions. Richard was the President of his class reunions for years. And it seemed like they always forgot that we were storing all this stuff and they would go buy more. Well now I have a use for them. I just lined up 20 cups along the bottom of my storage container and started un-decorating the tree. I didn't wrap any ornaments like I usually do. One precious ornament per cup. Then I laid a piece of cardboard on that row and did it again. For the ornaments that wouldn't fit in the cups, (like my miniature porcelain doll collections and all the icicles, I have some tins they went into and for the first time EVER, everything of the tree is in one tin. 

Yipee....I am so proud of myself. Now on to organize those other 2,000 tubs. Well, maybe I exaggerate some. But if I didn't use it this year, out it goes. Way too many decorations. Time to par down.

Have you un-decorated yet?

10 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I love Pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked so well. They fit just right! I love Pinterest too and spend way too much time there!!

      Delete
  2. Great idea Paula. My tree is coming down today too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will wait to take the tree apart when Justin comes on Saturday...maybe! I might decide to tackle it myself.

      Delete
  3. Yep. I took everything down on January 1, and used the opportunity to clean out my hall closet, throw away what couldn't be saved or donated, and washed and folded a whole bunch of thermies and turtlenecks to bring to Goodwill. It's part of a major uncluttering effort, a project I want to get through this month. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not quite that gung-ho yet. I am just taking baby steps here.

      Delete
  4. I think I saw this on Pinterest too! Pinterest does just suck you in, doesn't it? I followed a couple of your boards, come find me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic idea! I wish I would have read that when I undecorated my tree. It is much cheaper than what I did (which is go buy another specialized container for my ornaments).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked perfect. I will see how well protected they are next year when I unpack them

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!