Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Finish This








Prompts for Week Four (January 29)


1. I use my “green thumb” to...grow beautiful plants. I am lucky this way. And I credit all of my luck with plants to NEGLECT. I just neglect them. I only water about once a month. I have an African Violet that belonged to my mother, when she first went into the nursing home, back in 2000. I have three orchids, two of which belonged to my mom. And I have a ficus tree, in my living room, that we purchased when we moved into our house more than 25 years ago. I am lucky to have a 'green thumb.'

2. The secret to life is...something I wished I knew. I think each of us has to figure out for ourselves what we want our life to be. And then we just have to keep working to get there. I am almost 63 years old and I am still trying to figure out what I want and where I am going.

3. I get my money’s worth by...shopping around on the internet to find the best price. And then I try to buy the best that I can afford.

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, my level of organization is...maybe somewhere around 5. I am not completely unorganized. Neither am I completely organized. I want to be. And it is a goal of mine. I am working on it this year. The month of January I have been working on my desk. It IS getting better. Really!

5. A gentleman always...holds the door open for a lady. First thing that came to mind. But, I have been known to hold the door open for a gentleman too.


6. Handwritten notes are...something that I cherish from the past. My husband used to leave me notes. I kept some of them. I am glad I have them. It seems that handwriting is something from another era. We are all so into technology now! 


If you want to know more about Finish This click on the button avobe or head over to Coastlined and pay Lisa a visit

14 comments:

  1. I am envious of your ability to nurture plants! :) I think it's kind of cool that you're still deciding what you want in life at 63. Maybe that's a secret to life, too. Always keep discovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think it is probably because I have entered a different phase in my life. Thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  2. I think I know what I want to be, I also think I'll always be striving to be better at it. :) I started following you because we're pretty darn close to the same age! Sometimes I think about trying to get other "life experienced" people into blogging. We have so much to share! @ For what it's worth-jeannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to have a new follower! I don't think I have, so far, found many older blogger!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the gift of neglecting plants so that they thrive, but alas! Glad you've got the magic lack-of-touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is just a blessing! I love my 'live' plants. In the spring everything goes out the door!

      Delete
  4. African Violet, Orchids, Ficus Tree WOW those are hard to grow! I think you get the green thumb award for this link-up! I too am still trying to figure out what I want and where I am going (I'm 54), I think life is a journey of constantly growing and discovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found any of them to be hard. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  5. You get the award for BEST PLANT NURTURER of the link-up!!! Seriously, it's incredibly COOL that you have plants that not only survive and thrive, but have a history too. My great-grandmother had African Violets and, oh my, they were gorgeous. She also had a fern that she got from her aunt that was HUGE. We measured it once and it was six feet in diameter, not even joking! Thanks for joining us, hope to see you next week for another round of prompts. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. It looked like no one had a green thumb in the answers this week! I'll be back next week for another round

      Delete
  6. I am highly impressed with your green thumb. My black thumb is envious. I have killed at least 5 ivy in the past 10 years. I am no longer allowed to have houseplants. haha. I love handwritten notes. I have saved every one that my husband has ever given me (which is not very many). His last one is still hanging on the fridge. I leave him notes too. I agree about the door holding thing. It works both ways but I love it when I hold a door open for a man and he insists I go first. True gentlemanly manners right there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, but #5 made me smile!
    Tho' I wasn't raised in the South, I got there soon as I could ... lol! In all seriousness, when visiting my Alabama family it's so refreshing to witness gentlemanly behavior ... from men of all ages! At my workplace we always hold the door for customers and guests - but I get really peeved if someone sashays past me without a 'thank you' or a smile, even... like I'm a robot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't live in the south either, but I certainly taught my children (boys) how to act like gentlemen!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!