Monday, December 16, 2013

Using You Tube for Education



Holidailies goes on...and we are thankfully done with Grinch Week. Although today I am feeling a bit like a Grinch. I don't know why. I just feel blue today! As in a Blue Christmas. I love that song. Especially sang by Elvis. 







Today's prompt asks us to tell you about:

Something you did/experienced for the very first time this year


I swear the only thing I can think of that I have done new this year has to do with home repair. I had this 'running toilet' problem and my water bill was showing that it was certainly a problem. You can go on YOU TUBE and learn how to do anything. So that is what I did. And I fixed that dang toilet myself. I was so proud. I know this is lame, but I am tired of being such a 'downer Debbie'. There are so many things I have experienced for the very first time. But I am tired of talking about it and I searched the lighter areas of my brain and this is what I came up with.....

8 comments:

  1. It always makes you feel good when you do something that you would never normally do and show yourself that you can be self sufficient. Especially when you are in the situation that you are and having no one else to rely on right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my plan at all to be self-sufficient. My next house will have a 'super' that I can call on! LOL

      Delete
  2. You are awesome!!! I am very proud of you for fixing the toilet. Once while my husband was on a business trip, I had to replace the garbage disposal. It was such an empowering moment. I am sorry you are feeling blue. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now replacing a garbage disposal sounds like a BIG job...mine was really easy!

      Delete
  3. Hey, toilets need TLC, too! I hear ya about the end of Grinch Week. I'm sardonic enough, but having a whole week of crankiness as a good portion of my return to blogging might give people the wrong impression. ;-)

    To contribute: You can also learn a few good ways to eat a pomegranate on YouTube. That was new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will have to check that out. Pomegranates have always been a mystery to me. LOL

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!