Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Take me To The Beach....

One week from today is Christmas. Only 7 more days. Ready or not, here it comes! Today the writing prompt for Holidailes is:


Do you prefer your holidays to be white, or would you rather be basking in the sun?

I have never spent Christmas anywhere but in Kansas (except the one year I was in Newport, News, Virginia). Sometimes it is white. Sometimes it is freezing cold. And sometimes we luck out and have some warm weather. This year we have a big storm predicted for this coming weekend so we may well have a white Christmas. 

But, if I had my way, I would be having a white Christmas...somewhere in the Caribbean lying on the white sand.

Trunk Bay St. John Island



Who could ask for better than this? Someday this is where you will find me at Christmas

8 comments:

  1. Well if you land somewhere like that let us know and we will make it one of our dive locations so we can meet up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will have to be a few years down the road...I have too many obligations here right now! But you can bet I will let you in on my 'secret' Christmas trip

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... white sandy beach, I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only kind of white Christmas I want!!

      Delete
  3. Times like this, I always recall momma saying, "It would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing." And here, I was all in a funk yesterday because it was 82-degrees. My fantasy is to sometime spend Christmas in Vienna ... with plenty of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If snow is what you like that would be a wonderful place to be!

      Delete
  4. When I saw the prompt, my first thought was "Paula is going to talk about wanting to be on a beach because she hates the cold weather". lol Hopefully one day it will happen and you can be enjoying a Mai Tai with your toes in the sand and sun on your face.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!