Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Stealing


Come join here

The I Amuse Myself Meme from Foxy Danish

01. What is something that you have lost recently?
I think I have lost my mind a few times. And without a doubt I have lost my temper. And I am almost always losing patience.
02.Do you own any self-help books?
A few. But they don't help! Now is that pessimistic or what?
03.Do you live near the sea or ocean?
I wish!!! I live in the wheat fields of Kansas.
04.Have you ever spent ages making/writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all?
I don't think that I have. There has been a time or two that I wrote a detailed comment on a blog and it has disappeared. Does that count?
05.Do you enjoy food shopping?
No, I do not! I never did the grocery shopping before Richard got sick. Now I have to do it all the time. And I DON'T like it at all.
06.What are you having for lunch?
Leftover white chicken chili.
07.Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything?
Nope! I can't sleep through anything. I worked 11 pm to 7 am for 25 years and never learned to sleep without ear-plugs and black-out curtains. Everything wakes me up. Especially coughing!!!!
08.Do you like love letters?
Sure I do!
09.Have you ever received or written one?
Both...and I miss getting them from my husband. He used to write me notes all the time.
10.How far away does your nearest relative live?
My brothers all live about 5 miles from me. Two in one direction and one in another.
11.Do you like velvet?
I do! Especially Elvis on black velvet.
12.What kind of art do you like?
I think that I like most kinds of art. But I am not too much into paintings that I can't tell you what is in the picture. I think I want people or places in my art. But I like paintings, photography, sculpture...you get the idea!
13.If you went to London, where would you go first?
I would like to visit Windsor Castle and since it is only about 21 miles from London (I looked it up) that is where I would want to go first. 
14.If you had to pick one friend who is most interesting, who would you pick?
I am going to not answer this question.
15.Can you think of the meanest thing you have said/done to someone? My best friend and I once hid a pair of her husband's underwear under the edge of my bed and sprayed my husband's pillow with her husband's cologne. And then I insisted the underwear was his when he found them. And I insisted I didn't smell anything as he continued to smell the pillow. He is now my ex-husband and he deserved it! So there!!

16.What magazines do you read?
I don't read many lately. I did read Real Simple (October edition) last night.
17.What/who has been on your mind today?
Christmas has been on my mind. And I wonder if this will be the last one I get to spend with my wonderful husband. But then I wondered that last year and he is still with us. So one never knows...
18.Would you be interested in ghost-hunting?
Yes!! We have a lady ghost that lives in our house. I have seen here several times. And she was once spotted by a visitor!

22 comments:

  1. The things we learn when people answer memes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True oh so true! Have a happy Sunday Wendy

      Delete
  2. I am sorry your husband is ill. It is so hard to have a sick loved one. And thank you for visiting my blog; I am new to yours and I enjoyed your rant about gift-giving. I love both giving and receiving gifts, but when it becomes a chore it is certainly time to rethink it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness. I have tried to re-think it but I just go back to doing what is expected of me!

      Delete
  3. White chicken chili is the best. I think I have some in my freezer--that may become tonight's dinner! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know what is across the street from Windsor Castle? A Burger King. I always thought that was very strange! The castle is right in the middle of town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny....I am not a Burger King fan, however

      Delete
  5. When shopping becomes stressful, it sucks the fun out of the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year my shopping wasn't stressful....I did it all on-line. I just don't like buying presents.

      Delete
  6. I can relate to the losing the mind thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to find mine again sometime in the future...hehehehe

      Delete
  7. hahahaha!! We both lost our mind...Ugh, I hate when I write something really clever and witty for a comment and then it gets lost...oh wait, I haven't...lol. I will grocery shop for you. That would be an awesome job to grocery shop for people. I love the store. white chicken chili sounds good. I want to see castles and graveyards in England. Ghosts fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I m sure the self help books help in some small way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to visit Windsor Castle too
    hope you can visit my Sunday Stealing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will find my way over there right now Michie!

      Delete
  10. OMG!!! Love what you did to your ex. Was he on the way out at the time? I've been to London, and didn't realize Windsor castle was so close! I have to go back, that's all there is to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was on his way out. I was just getting even!

      Delete
  11. Your "Ex" story is Da Best! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! And it brought me some satisfaction to watch him squirm some!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!