Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sunday Stealing For Christmas


A Christmas Meme

From the Archives

1. The Christmas Song I can listen to even in June is Silent Night.

2. Hot Chocolate, Egg Nog, or Mulled wine? I will have some of each. Yum!

3. When do you put up your Christmas decorations? I usually start the day after Thanksgiving with the tree. And then all that next week I finish things up.

4. What are you having for Christmas dinner? We are having ham and turkey, potatoes and gravy, stuffing, corn and green beans and Pretzel salad...pumpkin pie, cheesecake bites, and chocolate cake.

5. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
It has always been going out looking at the lights on the nights that our city has the luminaries. However; those were tonight and we have ice and snow and Richard has been down in bed the past two days. So we took a pass this year.

6. Have you ever gone carol singing? I should be embarrassed to tell this but when we were young kids we figured out that people would give candy and drinks to Christmas carolers so my siblings and I would go from house to house singing...and got plenty of good things to eat!

7. When did you learn the truth about Santa Claus? I can't ever remember believing in a 'real' Santa, but the year after my dad died at age 8, my grandma made sure we knew there was no man in a red suit coming with presents.

8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I like the traditional way with lots of ornaments of different variety. Then red and green beaded garland and lots of twinkle colored lights. A Santa hat sits on top! 

9. What's the best thing about Christmas? Having my family here. Especially the grandchildren!

10. All I want for Christmas is....Richard out of bed watching his grand kids open their presents and eating ham and turkey with us.

Merry Christmas to all of you visiting from Sunday Stealing.

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you missed your outing for the lights. Hope Richard feels a little better for Christmas. I was concerned when I didn't hear anything from you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a bit better today. I shaved him so that helps him at least 'look' better. It will be a quiet Christmas for us, I think!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to see some lights anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the ones that across the street! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. The weather here has really mucked up all my holiday plans. But it's to going to be a marvelous Christmas regardless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got 7 inches of snow last night...on top of the ice that came first! We are stuck in the house. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. you sound like your all ready for Christmas. the food sounds super (I may pop in for leftovers) and your decorations sound gorgeous! I am soooooooo glad Richard is up and about. now THAT'S a great Christmas present! thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you and yours a truly blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to have you drop it for Christmas. Sure, come on over. There will be lots of left-overs of that I am sure. And Merry Christmas to you Stef H!

      Delete
  5. Wow- you have a huge meal coming your way. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to cook for the holidays...and we adore the left=-overs!

      Delete
  6. May your fondest wish come true this Christmas, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours too Zippi....and thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. You guys got hit hard with weather. All we got was about a quarter to half inch of ice. Best thing is, nothing stuck to the roads or sidewalks, just the trees. I hope you get your Christmas want. haha, I totally took the technical approach to question 8, didn't even think about the decorating style (which is hodge podge) with white and purple lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about you when I was hearing how things in Oklahoma was with ice. The technical approach is good too LOL!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!