Saturday, December 7, 2013

One of My Favorite Things

I will admit it. I like to browse through other peoples houses. Especially at Christmas-time. I like seeing how they decorate and what is 'in' now. I just finished trudging through 30+ homes by participating in Jennifer Rizzo's
Holiday Housewalk. If was fun to take the past 5 days and see how others decorate their homes for Christmas.

I learned a few things along the way as well. First of all those families cannot possibly 'really live' in those homes. They are like magazine pages. No one lives like that? Do they? Once in awhile there would be a dog shown but never any dirty socks peeking out from under the bed or a wet towel on the bathroom floor. My home would never make the cut for one of these tours. Because we live in our house. I would like to go back and visit after the tour. Now that would be a hoot.

I did find that there are certainly decorating trends going on out there in blog land. For instance lots of the houses used the word JOY



And then I found bottle brush trees everywhere


I would like to try my hand at making some of these. I especially love the ones that look like they are tipped with snow.

But the biggest similarity that I found on my tour of the houses was the explosion of DEER
HEADS. They were everywhere I stopped:


If you are like me and you get a kick out of peeking into other people's homes, then head over to Jennifer's Blog and attend her five day tour of homes. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Although, like me, you might wonder if real families live in these places.



8 comments:

  1. I just make sure I move the dirty socks and wet towels out of the way for the pictures LOL>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that I would too....but some of these houses just look too perfect to live in. Although, beautiful to look at!

      Delete
  2. I love browsing "before/after" sites of home improvements. The afters always look so amazingly perfect. Very not lived it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I like houses that are lived in. A house can be nice but still be lived in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there. Mine is one that is nice but very lived in!

      Delete
  4. I am very much a nosy person and like to see inside other people's homes. I will definitely head over there. We don't decorate much. I have my main tree, and stockings, and this year I took Elexis' tree that is usually in her room and put it in our foyer. My house is usually to lived in to post pictures...haha. Also, we have had a deer head on the wall before it was cool...lol. We inherited it after my husband's father passed away. It's been up there for 10 years. I call him spike! I can guarantee you real people live in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't decorate nearly as much this year but come January when I have to take it all down I will think it was too much. My house is pretty lived in as well. I used to dust and vacuum everyday when I was first out of my own and then I finally came to my senses....I guess I am just not up to date yet. We don't have a deer head

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!