Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013

I am finding it so hard to believe that it is already New Year's Eve, 2013. I have no idea where this year went. It was so fast. But it was one of the hardest years I have had in my adult life. But everyday is special for one reason or another, so I won't be complaining. Today, anyway!

I am going to catch up and end Holidailies! It was fun writing each day and I don't know what I am going to do yet in January or any of the months of 2014. So I will just get started with the last questions:

What Do You Wish you Had known 10 years ago?

Ten years ago....hmmmm! It was 1993. I was 53 years old and the only thing I was waiting for was the year 2013. Can you believe that? I couldn't wait to turn 62 years old so that I could retire from my nursing job and spend time with my husband. Maybe we would travel. Maybe we would re-model our home. Maybe we would hang out more with the grand kids. Boy what a difference 10 years can make. Right? My husband retired, was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease,I broke my leg severely while on vacation and had to be non-weight bearing for 3 full months, he had a 5 vessel by pass surgery, 2 catroidectomies, a stoke and I was forced into early retirement. Two of our grand kids came to live with us permanently. Do I wish I had known all that 10 years ago. Heck no! I wish that I had known that I should live every single day to the fullest because you never know what will happen tomorrow....or even later today.

What is your Favorite Way to Celebrate New Year's Eve?

The same way that we celebrate every year. The grand kids (at least three of them) come over. We play games, eat good food, they have sparkling grape juice and we might have something a bit stronger and we watch the ball drop in Times Square. Who could ask for anything more?

What are you looking forward to in 2014?

Health, wealth, and prosperity! Of course. And maybe a little break now and then. And a few happy times with my husband....

Happy New Year's Family and Friends!


10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Paula. I hope you get those moments with Richard in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy....he is sitting at the table right now reading the paper...a first since Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Paula! I can sure identify with making future plans .... wishing away time, as it were. I caught myself just this morning, laying plans for 2015. Timely advice; thank you m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....we need to take it one day at a time don't we?

      Delete
  3. I FOUND YOU AGAIN!!!!! Yay! I'm back to blogging. Can't wait to catch up on your blog! :) Hugs and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wondered how you are doing.....Happy you are back!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year my dear friend. I definitely like your wishing you have lived life to the fullest...me too. I struggled with that question. I want to come celebrate with you at New Years. We got a last minute invite to my oldest friends's sister's house. We had a blast, but other than that, we were going to take it easy at home. I don't do the whole drinking in a crowd thing...I'm too old for that. I am wishing you all the best in 2014. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....well I did drink 3 (weak) Fuzzy Navels on New Year's Eve...but we had fun and I was sure super relaxed.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!